- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
CES 2013 News
Sony has overhauled its suite of Handycam camcorders, all capable of recording full HD videos, and many with built-in Wi-Fi or built-in projectors. Sony announced a collaboration with WeVideo, offering three free months of cloud video storage on WeVideo, with 10GB of storage and access to400 royalty-free audio tracks.
All of Sony's new Handycam models, which will soon be available from Adorama, have the following features and technologies:
- Full HD Video – 1920 x 1080 high-definition video recording at up to 24Mbps, the highest bit-rate offered by the AVCHD™ format
- Exmor CMOS sensor – back-illuminated sensor for stunning low light performance
- Dual Record – allows for simultaneous capture of video and still images
- Large LCD – display for easy viewing and touch operation
- iAUTO – automatic selection of optimal camcorder settings in different environments
- Tracking Focus – extension of Face Detection® to choose an object by touching LCD and have the focus follow selected object
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode – compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver smooth video
- Wide angle lens – offers a broader perspective to capture everything in the shot
- Closer Voice – Utilizing Face Detection, its advanced audio processing to suppress unwanted noise and capture human voices with maximum clarity
- Auto Wind Noise Reduction – iAUTO intelligently detects wind noise based on wind strength while employing an advanced algorithm to broaden the range of noise reduced
- Extended Zoom – improved BIONZ processorfor up to 20 per cent more powerful digital zooming capability compared to previous models
- Built-in USB cable – convenient USB cable built into camcorder strap for easy content transfer and quick charge
- GPS with Enhanced NAVTEQ Maps – Built-in GPS for geotagging with embedded NAVTEQ Maps for detailed maps that will display street-level shooting locations
Here's a quick rundown of Sony's new camcorders:
- Sony HDR-CX220: Full HD 60p, 8.9-megapixels, Exmor R® CMOS sensor, SteadyShot™ image stabilization, 29.8mm wide angle Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar Lens with 32x Extended Digital Zoom, AVCHD/MP4 recording, and 2.7” LCD™ display – about $249 at Adorama. (in black, blue, red and silver)
- Sony HDR-CX230: With 8GB flash memory – about $279 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-PJ230: With built-in projector (13lm) – about $399 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-CX290: With 50x Extended Digital Zoom and Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization – about $349 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-CX380V: 16GB flash memory, 55x Extended Zoom, 3.0” wide touch screen Clear Photo LCD™ display (230K), wide angle 26.8mm Sony G Lens, mic/headphone jack, Closer Voice, Auto Wind Noise Reduction – about $449 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-PJ380V: With built-in projector (13lm), HDMI external device input, and Tracking Focus – about $599 (in black, red and white) at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-CX430V: Full HD 24p/60p, Balanced Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization, 32GB flash memory, 5.1 surround sound mic, multi-interface shoe allowing optional Wi-Fi accessory, Cinema Tone presets, and audio REC level adjust – about $699 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-PJ430V: With built-in projector, external device input, and advanced sound processor (13lm) – about $849 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-PJ650V: 20.4-megapixels, manual control (iris/shutter/exposure/white balance), wide angle 26.8mm Sony G Lens with hood, advanced controls with expanded focus, zebra, and peaking, touch screen 3.0” Xtra Fine LCD™ (921K), color Electronic Viewfinder (0.27” 201K), and built-in projector (20lm) with external device input – about $1099 at Adorama.
- Sony HDR-PJ790V: With 24.1-megapixels, top-mounted 5.1 ch surround sound mic, 96GB flash memory, multi-interface shoe allowing optional Wi-Fi and XLR box compatibility, wide angle 26mm Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Sonar Lens with hood, and built-in projector (35lm) with external device input – about $1599 at Adorama.