- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Mark Wallace shows a simple way to use speedlights and gels to transform dull backgrounds.
In this exclusive AdoramaTV video, Mark Wallace shows you how to take a drab background and punch it up with some color! Using speedlights and gels, Mark makes a great portrait in an industrial warehouse setting.
Using the Rogue FlashBender and Diffusion Panel kit by ExpoImaging, available from Adorama, Mark gets soft light on his model. Then he uses a Rogue Gel to cast a blue light on the background. You'll see why this set-up is Pperfect for a quick on-location shot.
Related Products at Adorama
Buy the products Mark uses in this video to get the shot
- ExpoImaging Rogue Master Lighting Kit
Includes Large FlashBender Reflector, Small FlashBender Reflector, Large Diffusion Panel, Bounce Card/Flag
- Lowepro SlingShot 202 AW
- Flashpoint 6' Light Stand 4 Section Nano, Black
- Adorama Universal Swivel Holder - Umbrella Bracket with Adjustable Flash Mount
- Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Body, with Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR
- Nikon SB-910 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
- Nikon SB-700 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
Learn more at the Adorama Learning Center
If you enjoyed this video, you may also want to view these videos about using and controlling wireless flash
- Flashpoint X-Series Remote Flash Trigger Kit
- On-location Flash
- A photographer walks into a bar...and really lights the place up!
- The Secret to Controlling Your Studio Photography Lighting With Wireless Flash Zones
- Wireless flash backlighting basics
- Mix Ambient Light, Wireless Flash and Photoshop to Transform Outdoor Photos
- Wireless Canon Flash on Nikon DSLR via PocketWizard
- Gels and Line of Sight TTL Flash For A Dramatic Model Shot