- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Exploring Photography with Mark Wallace
In this episode, Mark Wallace shows you 4 simple steps for metering light ratios.
Understanding the light ratios (the difference in value of light two different light sources) of your lighting setup can make setting up a photo easy. You'll learn about key lights, fill lights, kickers, backlight and background light.It also makes it simple to recreate the same light over and over again. You'll even learn what kind of clothes to wear while metering the light! Mark uses a Sekonic L-358, available at Adorama, in this exclusive Adarama TV episode to determine the lighting ratio. The L-357 has a built-in function to do this, so you don't have to do math in your head!
Related Products at Adorama
Here's the gear Mark used in this video
- Sekonic L-358 Flash Master, Weatherproof Digital Incident & Reflected Flash and Ambient Light Meter
- Sekonic Radio Triggering Module RT-32, Transmitter for Sekonic L358 & L608 & L558
- Profoto D1 1000 Watt Second Air
- Profoto Softbox 2'x3'
- Matthews Baby Jr. Triple Riser Stand with Wheels
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
Find out about studio lighting techniques
- Sekonic Light Meters—AdoramaTV
- TTL Metering—AdoramaTV
- Metering Part 2: Exposure Compensation: AdoramaTV
- Metering, Part III: Using a light meter—AdoramaTV
- Metering Part 4: Advanced Light Meter
- The Secret to Controlling Your Studio Photography Lighting With Wireless Flash Zones
- Understanding How Soft Boxes Work