- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Take and Make Great Photographs with Gavin Hoey—AdoramaTV
Join Gavin Hoey as he uses three different filters to capture the same image and compares the resulting effects.
In this episode of Take & Make Great Photography, shot exclusively for AdoramaTV, Gavin Hoey shows why a Polarizer (note his quaint British spelling!), an ND filter, and a R72 Infrared Filter are must-haves for creative landscape photography. Watch as he shoots the same scene with each filter, shows the very different results in both color and black-and-white, and then takes you through the steps in Photoshop to finalize a near-Infrared photo in black-and-white.
Related Products At Adorama
Direct links to the products used by Gavin in this video—as well as links to the filter departments where you can find the right filters to fit your lenses.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Mac
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Windows
- Canon 5D Mark II
- Canon 24-105mm L f/4 IS
- Vanguard 263 Tripod Legs with GH-100 Grip Head
- Hoya 77mm HRT Circular Polarizer
- All Circular Polarizers
- Hoya 77mm Neutral Density ND-400
- All ND Filters
- Hoya 77mm RM-72 Infrared Filter
- All Infrared Filters
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
Go deep and explore filters that are still relevant in the age of digital photography in the following exclusive ALC articles and videos. We've got lots of great info!
- Optical Filters You Still Need for Professional Digital Photographs
- Digital infrared...in color?
- Digital Infrared Basics
- Infrared filter guide
- Mastering Graduated Neutral-Density Filters
- Deserted Freeway: Digital Photography—Adorama TV
- Using ND Filters with Strobes or Sunlight—AdoramaTV
- How to fake a glass polarizer filter effect digitally
- Polarizing Filter: You Keep Shooting—Adorama TV