- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Take and Make Great Photography with Gavin Hoey—AdoramaTV
Join Gavin Hoey in his studio as he creates a dramatic backlit portrait using just a single speedlight.
In this episode of Take and Make Great Photos, shot exclusively for AdoramaTV, Gavin Hoey photographs a model in his studio against a black backdrop lit with nothing more than a single Canon Speedlite and a reflector. After taking the photos follow Gavin in to Photoshop CS6 where he shows you how to selectively tweak the exposure, contrast and color in Adobe Camera RAW. The result is dramatic. Check it out!
Related Products at Adorama:
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Canon 60D
- Canon 24-105mm L f/4 lens
- Canon 580 EX II Speedlite Flash
- Westcott Metal Adjustable Shoe Mount
- Inter-fit air cushioned light stand
- Flashpoint 60x78" Collapsible Disc Background, One Side Black, One Side White
- Conair Travel Smart 3 Step Heavy Duty Photographer's LadderKart Combination
- Flashpoint 42" 5-in-1 Collapsible Disc Reflector
- Westcott Photo Basics 40: 5-in-1 Collapsible Reflector
- Transform Your Portrait Photography Single Strobe Setup from Bland to BAM!
- How to photograph a silhouette at the window
- Create Your Own Sunlight with Off-Camera Flash
- Wireless flash backlighting basics
- Soften Direct Flash