Photo on the Go with Joe McNally—AdoramaTV
Sometimes, when scouting a location for an environmental portrait, the best background may not be the most obvious. Joe McNally explains.
In this episode of Photo on the Go, prepared exclusively for AdoramaTV, Joe McNally deconstructs yet another amazing photo. This time, it's an environmental portrait. Watch and learn how Joe explains the importance of location assessment when determining what will be included in the background, and positioning the lighting. Also, learn the classic definition of a fill light.
Related Products at Adorama
- Elinchrom Octa Light Bank 74"
- Elinchrom Inner Diffuser Cloth for the Octa Light Bank
- Elinchrom Reflection Cloth for the Octa Light Bank
- Elinchrom Rotalux Junior Octa Softbox 53"
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
- Mimic Big Natural Light With a Speedlight for Environmental Portraits
- A Photographer Walks Into A Bar...And Really Lights The Place Up!
- Achieve Natural-Looking Light with Portable Flash in a Historic Location