- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Photo on the Go with Joe McNally
Learn how to light up a portrait subject in open shade using a very basic lighting setup.
In this episode of Photo on the Go, shot exclusively for AdoramaTV, Joe McNally deconstructs the lighting setup of a location shoot at a coal mine in Sydney, Australia. When taking a photo in bright sunlight, open shade can be your best friend. Joe explains how he was able to capture a portrait in bright sunlight by using a single small light and finding open shade.
Related Products at Adorama
- Lastolite Ezybox Speed-Lite for Small Flash
- Nikon SB 910 TTL AF Show Mount Speedlight
- Kacey Pole Adapter
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 AF-S VR
- Softening, Diffusing and Managing Hard Light for Flattering Outdoor Portrait Photography
- Change the size of your TTL flash diffuser for soft, flattering outdoor portrait photographs
- 5 Tips for Outstanding Portraits In Horrible Environments