Photo on the Go with Joe McNally
Learn how to set up "V-Lighting" for open, clean portrait light, then introduce the feeling of motion.
In this episode of Photo on the Go, shot exclusively for AdoramaTV, Joe McNally deconstructs the lighting setup for an open, clean studio portrait. Joe explains how to introduce motion while using flash by utilizing V flats and a wall to produce a wave of light that washes over your subject. Then see how he mixes flash and constant light sources—and a fan—to add the element of motion to his portrait photography.
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
Related Products at Adorama
- Westcott 50 Watt Daylight Fluorescent Lamps, 110V Voltage, 6 Pack
- Westcott 2-Pack Spiderlite TD6 Fluorescent Promo Kit, With Lamps
- Westcott Spiderlite TD6 Daylight 36" x 48" Shallow Softbox Kit - 1200 watts
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II Nikkor ED-IF Lens - Nikon U.S.A. Warranty
- Nikon D3X Digital SLR Camera Body, 24.5 Megapixel, FX-Format CMOS Sensor, USA Warranty
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
- Westcott Spiderlite Product Review
- Portrait Studio in a Parking Lot
- Portraits Without a Studio
- How To Light Well, Fast, and Mobile