- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Gavin Hoey answers the seven most frequently asked questions about soft lighting. Additionally, take a look at how adds a vintage color shift to his portraits.
Take a look at how Gavin Hoey tackles the most frequently asked soft lighting questions. With several examples and a stunning outcome, there's something in this episode for everyone!
Adorama TV presents Take & Make Great Photography with Gavin Hoey. There are two basic types of light in a studio, soft and hard. In this video Gavin Hoey answers some common questions about how to make light soft and what type of light modifiers to use when shooting with soft light.
Then follow Gavin into Photoshop where he shows his simple way to add a vintage colour shift that's perfect for portraits. The same trick can also be used in Lightroom too!
Can't see the video? Watch it here!
Related Products at Adorama
- Lastolite Hot Shoe Ezy-box Softbox 24x24"
- Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Shoe Mount Flash
- Flashpoint Triple Shoe Mount Bracket
- Adorama 33" Translucent Umbrella
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adorama Backlight Lightstand
- Lastolite 5x6' Collapsible Disc Reversible Dyed Background (Washington/Dakota)
- Flashpoint Universal Swivel Holder -Umbrella holder
- Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
- The Secret to Flattering Portrait Photography With Hard Light
- Joe McNally Compares Octa Softbox Sizes For The Most Flattering Light for Portrait Photography
- Change the size of your TTL flash diffuser for soft, flattering outdoor portrait photographs
- Softbox vs. Umbrella: Which One Should You Use?
- Understanding How Soft Boxes Work