- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Balance your low ambient lights with a flash for festive photographs.
Mixing ambient and flash can be tricky enough when you're shooting on a sunny day but when the ambient light level drops it becomes even harder.
AdoramaTV presents Take and Make Great Photography with Gavin Hoey.In this video, Gavin Hoey shares some tips for finding the right exposure to seamlessly mix flash and low-powered Christmas lights in one exposure. This technique isn't limited to still life objects - the technique shown by Gavin would be exactly the same if you were shooting a portrait on location or in a studio.
Can't see the video? Watch it here!
Related Products at Adorama
- Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, Shoe Mount Flash
- Canon RS-60 E3 Remote Switch
- Enlight photo Frio Universal Locking Cold Shoe V2
- Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AutoFocus Wide Angle Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Adorama Backlight Lightstand with 1/4x20 Threaded Mounting Screw
- Vanguard Alta Pro 284 Carbon Tripod with SBH-100 Ball Head
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
- Use The Right Camera Settings to get Pleasing Background Blur When Shooting Xmas Lights
- Photography Tips for Capturing the Holiday Lights and Snow