Sports and action self-portraits in the moment now possible with pro gear.
Designed for athletes, trainers, parents and filmmakers to automatically film themselves or their subjets from up to 2,000 feet away, the Soloshot 2 is the second generation robotic camera mount that shoots unassisted from a spectator's point of view. The Soloshot allows users to capture the moment and be in it at the same time. It consists of a trasmitter that is worn by the subject and a motorized base which automatically rotates to keep the camera pointed towards the transmitter.
The Soloshot 2 offers several upgrades from its predecessor, the original Soloshot, which is currently available at Adorama. The Soloshot 2's new features will include:
- Vertical Tracking +/- 60 degrees at up to 30 degrees per second
- Range from 15-2,000 feet
- Accessory dock for hardware expanshion
- Stronger motors for faster horizontal panning with DSLRs up to 5 puounds
- Up to 80 degrees per second and full 360-degree horizontalrotation
- Accessories for automatic zooming and start/pause recording
- smaller, lighter transmitter
- Compatible with third-party tripods
Watch this demo video, provided by Soloshot, that shows how the Soloshot 2 works:
New camera-specific controls are available and more to come. Also added: the ability to track one transmitter from multiple bases so the same action can be captured from multiple angles at the same time. The Soloshot 2 is expected to cost approximately $599.