- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Join Gavin Hoey for his second installment of his Home Essentials series.
Adorama TV Presents Take and Make Great Photography with Gavin Hoey. Taking great portraits in a home studio has its challenges, but here Gavin makes shows you how it's not as challenging as you think.
One of the first light modifiers most photographers buy is an umbrella. In this video, Gavin gives you two very different uses for the translucent shoot-through umbrella. You'll discover just how this versatile lighting tool can be used to create moody headshots and evenly lit shots in a small studio.
After taking the photos, follow Gavin into Photoshop CC where he combines five photos to produce a very unique portrait sequence.
Post your images to Adorama's Facebook page and watch for Gavin's feedback!
Can't see this video? Watch it here!
Related Products at Adorama
- Canon 5D Mark 2
- Canon 24-105L
- Vanguard 284 CB100 tripod
- Avenger Grip Head with "T" Top
- Flashpoint StreakLight 360 Ws Creative Collection
- Universal Swivel Holder -Umbrella holder
- Background light stand
- Westcott 43" Umbrella with Removable Black Cover
Check out Gavin's latest videos at the Adorama Learning Center
- Home Studio Essentials Part 1
- Manhattan 15 Minute Photo Challenge
- Brooklyn Bridge Photo Walk with Gavin Hoey