• High-Resolution Introductory Camera...The stylish PowerShot A460 offers the high performance features & high-quality design that make great pictures possible even if this is your very first digital camera.
• Equipped with 5.0 Megapixels of resolution, a 4x Optical Zoom & many of Canon's most popular shooting features, this is a camera designed to make digital photography simple, fun & rewarding, from the moment you take it out of the box.
• The PowerShot A460's 5.0 megapixels of resolution give every shot added depth & dimension. You'll notice the fine details & ravishing colors. The sharpness & clarity of your enlargements will also astound you.
• Plus, the 4x Optical Zoom lens makes it simple to shoot close-ups, scenery & anything else with the brilliance & flawless clarity that have built Canon's reputation worldwide. To make shooting & playback convenient & easy, there's a big, clear 2.0" LCD screen.
• This is the digital camera that takes care of you, so you never have to worry about anything. Just turn the simple Mode Dial & instantly you can handle any shooting condition.
• Choose from Auto for most situations, Manual when you're feeling creative, Movie, or Special Scene for superb shots in Night, Snow, Indoor or Beach settings, among others.
• Canon's DIGIC II Image Processor is designed to improve processing speed & image quality, so DIGIC II provides markedly faster startup, autofocus & playback, plus it assures that every image is more colorfully vibrant.
• Now you can experience the full impact of every image you shoot. PowerShot A460 is equipped with a 16:9 widescreen option that lets you shoot still photos & movies in a format that's specially made for viewing on widescreen television sets or your computer monitor.
• Imagine the possibilities: you can entertain friends & family with shows of your own photography or host your own movie nights. It's a great way to give everyone a whole new perspective on your creativity.
• You don't need to worry about running out or recharging batteries. Since AA-size batteries can be purchased at any store, simply get new ones locally.
• The PowerShot A460's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the A460 to a Canon CP, SELPHY or PIXMA Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button & print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows & Mac).
• Print your own ID photos in 28 different sizes or use the Movie Print function to output multiple stills from a recorded movie on a single sheet with a Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printer.
• For desktop large-format printing, try one of the Direct Photo Printers that allow you to print without a computer in one of two ways: plug your compatible PowerShot camera into the Direct Photo Printer using the supplied USB interface cable, or simply insert a memory card into the supplied slot.
|Type||Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical/4x Digital/16x Combined Zoom|
|Image Sensor Type||5.0 Megapixel, 1/3.0 inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
Total Pixels Approx. 5.3 Megapixels
|Pixels||Effective Pixels: Approx. 5.0 Megapixels|
|Recording Medium||SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, Multimedia Card: SD Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon CP and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable.|
|Image Format||Image Compression: Still: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))
|Recording System: Recording Format||File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
Normal; Fine; SuperFine
|File Size||Still Image: 640 x 480 (Small), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 2), 2,048 x 1,536 (Medium 1), 2,592 x 1,944 (Large), 2,592 x 1,456 (Widescreen) Movie: 640 x 480 (10 fps) / 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 1GB or 60 minutes, 160 x 120 (3 min. at 15 fps)|
|Lens Focal Length||5.4-21.6mm f/2.8-5.8 (35mm film equivalent: 38-152mm)|
|Lens Aperature||Maximum Aperture f/2.8 (W) - f/5.8 (T)|
|Total Zoom||16x Combined Zoom|
|White Balance Settings||Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), Custom|
|Personal White Balance||Custom, Yes|
|LCD Monitor Type||Low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD|
|Screen Monitor size||2.0 inch
LCD Pixels: Approx. 86,000 pixels
|Viewfinder: Type||Real-image optical zoom viewfinder|
|Autofocus Type||TTL Autofocus|
|AF Working Range||Normal: 1.5 ft./47cm-infinity
Macro: 2.0 in.-1.5 ft./5-47cm (WIDE), 9.8 in.-1.5 ft./25-47cm (TELE)
Super Macro: 0.39-2.0 in./1-5cm (WIDE)
|Exposure Control Metering System||Light Metering Method : Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot** Metering frame is fixed to the center|
|Exposure Control Systems||Program AE|
|Exposure Compensation||+/- 2 stops in 1/3 stop increments|
|ISO Speed Range||Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400 equivalent
(Standard Output Sensitivity. Recommended Exposure Index)
|Creative Zone Modes||Shooting Modes: Auto, Camera M, Special Scene (Portrait, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot), Super Macro, Movie
Photo Effects: Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom
|Shutter Speeds||15-1/2000 sec.|
|Self-timer||Activates shutter after an approx. 2 sec. or approx 10 sec. delay, Custom timer|
|Built-in Flash Type||Auto, Auto w/ Red-Eye Reduction, Auto w/ Slow Synchro, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-Eye Reduction, Flash On w/ Slow Synchro, Flash Off|
|Recycling Time||Approx. 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.0V)|
|Flash Coverage||Normal: 1.5-9.8 ft./47cm-3.0m (W), 1.5-6.6 ft./47cm-2.0m (T)
Macro: 1.0-1.5 ft./30-47cm (W/T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Approx. 1.5 fps|
|Playback Image Display Format||Playback Modes File: Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Rotate, Index (9 thumbnails), Sound Memos, Auto Play Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback|
|Image Protection and Erase||Erase Modes: Still Image: single image, all images Movie: part of movie, all of movie|
|LCD Monitor Language||25 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian)|
|Power Source: Battery||1. AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
2. Rechargeable AA-size Ni-MH Battery (x2)
3. AC Adapter Kit ACK800
|Battery Life||Still Image: approx. 120 shots (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 400 shots (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)
Playback Time: Approx. 540 min. (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 660 min. (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.17 x 2.04 x 1.58 in./106.0 x 51.8 x 40.2mm|
|Weight||Approx. 5.82 oz. / 165g (camera body only)|
|Operating Temperature Range||32-104° F/0-40° C|
|Operating Humidity Range||10 - 90%|
|Note||SD memory card slot. Direct connection to Canon CP Printers and select BJ Printers via camera's USB cable (no computer required).
Computer Interface: USB (mini-B jack)
Video Out: NTSC or PAL
Audio Out: Monaural