• Let the Value Amaze You...Easy-to-use and easy-to-hold, the PowerShot A550 gives you 7.1 Megapixels, a 4x Optical Zoom Lens, an ISO 800 feature for expanded low light shooting and a DIGIC II Image Processor with iSAPS technology for beautiful pictures and great performance.
• Plus, there's even a Fast Frame Rate Movie Mode. Power is never a problem, because the A550 uses standard "AA" batteries. Great features at a great price, it's what makes the A550 such an amazing camera.
• Treat yourself to a new standard of performance and simplicity. With 7.1 megapixels, the PowerShot A550 gives you the resolution you need to capture life's precious moments in radiant, real-life color and fully textured detail. Even when you enlarge, crop and print, every image is still breathtakingly beautiful. Better still, Canon's high-quality 4x Optical Zoom lens makes all your favorite subjects, portraits, landscapes, night scenes, even casual snapshots - crisp, sharp and bright.
• The PowerShot A550 features a 2.0-inch LCD screen with 86,000 pixels of resolution. So whether you're setting up your shot or playing it back, everything is bright and clear. And with 9-point AiAF, you can count on exact focus no matter where your subject is in the frame. You also have Shooting modes that gives you breathtaking, exhilarating pictures even when shooting conditions are tough.
• Now you can experience the full impact of every image you shoot. PowerShot A550 is equipped with a 16:9 wide screen option that lets you shoot still photos & movies in a format that's specially made for viewing on widescreen television sets or your computer monitor. Imagine the possibilities: you can entertain friends and family with shows of your own photography or host your own movie nights. It's a great way to give everyone a whole new perspective on your creativity.
• With a highly flexible movie mode, you can create the movie that's perfect for any application. Fast Frame Rate Movie Mode allows you to record extremely smooth, full-motion movie clips for up to 1 minute long in QVGA at 60 fps (320 x240 pixels).
• Select from VGA (640 x 480 pixels) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels), with frame rates of 30 fps or 15 fps for recording up to 1 hour or 1GB. Plus Compact Movie Mode (QQVGA; 160 x 120 pixels) records at 15 fps for up to 3 minutes. The PowerShot A550 also supports the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed standard, so you'll enjoy the fastest possible data transfer speeds when using a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible computer.
• You don't need to worry about running out or recharging batteries. Since AA-size batteries can be purchased at any store, simply get new ones locally. The PowerShot A550's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the A550 to a Canon CP, SELPHY or PIXMA Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (PC/Mac).
|Type||Compact Digital Camera with built-in flash and 4x Optical/4x Digital/16x Combined Zoom|
|Image Sensor Type||7.1 Megapixel, 1/2.5 inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
Total Pixels: Approx. 7.4 Megapixels
|Pixels||Effective Pixels: Approx. 7.1 Megapixels|
|Recording Medium||SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, Multimedia Card: SD Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon CP and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable|
|Image Format||File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1|
|Recording System: Recording Format||JPEG Compression Mode: Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG) Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))|
|File Size||Number of Recording Pixels: Still Image: 640 x 480 (Small), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3), 2,048 x 1,536 (Medium 2), 2,592 x 1,944 (Medium 1), 3,072 x 2,304 (Large), 3,072 x 1,728 (Widescreen) Movie: 640 x 480 / 320 x 240 (30 fps/15 fps) available up to 1GB or 60 minutes, 320 x 240 (1 min. at 60 fps), 160 x 120 (3 min. at 15 fps)|
|Lens Focal Length||5.8-23.2mm f/2.6-5.5 (35mm film equivalent: 35-140mm)|
|Lens Aperature||Maximum Aperture: f/2.6 (W) - f/5.5 (T)|
|White Balance Settings||Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H)|
|Personal White Balance||Custom, Yes|
|LCD Monitor Type||Low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD|
|Screen Monitor size||2.0 inch
LCD Pixels: Approx. 86,000 pixels
|Viewfinder: Type||Real-image optical zoom viewfinder|
|Autofocus Type||TTL Autofocus|
|AF Working Range||Normal: 1.5 ft./45cm-infinity
Macro: 2.0 in.-1.5 ft./5-45cm (WIDE), 1.1-1.5 ft./33-45cm (TELE)
|Exposure Control Metering System||Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot*
* Metering frame is fixed to the center
|Exposure Control Systems||Program AE|
|Exposure Compensation||+/- 2 stops in 1/3 stop increments|
|ISO Speed Range||Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800 equivalent
(Standard Output Sensitivity. Recommended Exposure Index)
|Creative Zone Modes||Shooting Modes: Auto, Camera M, Portrait, Landscape, Special Scene (Night Scene, Foliage, Snow,Beach, Fireworks) Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot, Movie
Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.7 fps
Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom
|AE Lock||AE Lock available|
|Shutter Speeds||15-1/2000 sec.|
|Self-timer||Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom|
|Built-in Flash Type||Operation Modes: Auto, Auto w/Red-Eye Reduction, Auto w/Slow Synchro, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-Eye Reduction, Flash On w/ Slow Synchro, Flash Off|
|Recycling Time||10 sec. or less w/fully-charged AA rechargeable NiMH batteries (NB-3AH)|
|Flash Coverage||Normal: 1.5-11 ft./45cm-3.5m (W), 1.5-7.2 ft./45cm-2.2m (T)
Macro: 1.0-1.5 ft./30-45cm (W), 1.1-1.5 ft./33-45cm (T) (when sensitivity is setto ISO Auto)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Approx. 1.7 fps|
|Playback Image Display Format||Playback Modes File: Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate,Histogram, Index (9 thumbnails), Sound Memos, Auto Play, Resume Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback|
|Image Protection and Erase||Erase Modes: Still Image: single image, by date, by folder, all images Movie: part of movie, all of movie|
|LCD Monitor Language||25 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian)|
|Power Source: Battery||1. AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
2. Rechargeable AA-size Ni-MH Battery (x2)
3. AC Adapter Kit ACK800
|Battery Life||Still Image: approx. 140 shots (AA-size Alkaline Battery, LCD screen On), approx. 500 shots (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)*
Playback Time: Approx. 540 min. (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 660 min. (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)*
* LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||3.59 x 2.52 x 1.70 in. / 91.2 x 64.0 x 43.1mm|
|Weight||Approx. 5.64 oz. / 160g (camera body only)|
|Operating Temperature Range||32-104°F/0-40°C|
|Operating Humidity Range||10 - 90%|
|Note||Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
Video Out: NTSC/PAL
Audio Out: Monaural