• Versatile and powerful, the DCR-DVD108 Handycam DVD camcorder takes video capturing to a new level. Record directly to DVD-R/-RW/+RW/+R Dual Layer media formats. The built-in Memory Stick Duo media slot and USB 2.0 connection allow you to show your video almost as fast as you captured it. The Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 40x optical and 2000x digital zoom keeps you close to the action while the Super SteadyShot technology and Super NightShot feature make sure that the images look perfect.
• Its 1/6" Advanced HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD with 340K (effective) pixels provide stunning detail and clarity with exceptional video (up to 500 lines of horizontal resolution) and still image performance. The optical zoom helps to bring the action close up from far away. In addition, the digital zoom interpolation helps to get a clear image even when an object is extremely zoomed using its digital zoom feature.
• The Carl Zeiss lenses have an advanced optical multi-layer coating that offers less glare and flare with increased contrast. This results in vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation, and perfect renditions of subtle tones. The DVD recording format delivers digital picture and sound quality that can be easily compared to that of MiniDV. Playback of the DVDs couldn't be simpler. After finalizing the disc in the camcorder, the disc can play back in most DVD Players, computers and even PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 video game consoles.
• The DCR-DVD108 is compatible with a variety of DVD formats allowing the ease of use and the simplicity that are generally found in DVD Media. With DVD+RW media there is no need to finalize the disc (minimum recording required). Simply remove the disc and insert the media into a compatible DVD player. The 2.5" Touch Panel Swivel Screen LCD Display eliminates the need of additional buttons and provides excellent viewing clarity. The high resolution 123K pixel LCD screen rotates up to 270 degrees to multiple viewing angles and provides sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback.
• With Super NightShot Plus Infrared System you can capture natural looking video, even while shooting in low light. Record subjects up to 20 feet away using the built-in infrared system, but without the overall monochrome color common with earlier low-light recording systems. Step up to next-generation technology and start recording directly to DVD with the Sony DCR-DVD108 Handycam camcorder.
|Imaging Device||1/6" CCD.|
|Recording Media||3" (8cm) DVD (DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+RW / DVD+R DL)|
|Recording and Playback Times||Single Layer - HQ: 20 min., SP: 30 min., LP 60 min.
Dual Layer - HQ: 35 min., SP: 55 min., LP: 110 min.
|Video Actual||260K Pixels (16:9), 340K Pixels (4:3)|
|Still Actual||340K Pixels (4:3)|
|SteadyShot Image Stabilization||Yes (Super; Electronic)|
|White Balance||Auto, Indoor, One-push, Outdoor|
|Memory||Memory Stick PRO Media Compatibility (Tested to support up to 4 GB)|
|Still Image Mode(s)||JPEG|
|Minimum Illumination||3 Lux (0 Lux with Super NightShot Plus Infrared System)|
|Low Light Capability||Super NightShot Plus|
|Fader Effects||Black, White|
|Multiple Language Display||Yes|
|Slide Show Mode||Yes|
|Scene Mode(s)||Beach, Candle, Fireworks, Landscape, Portrait, Snow, Sports, Spotlight, Sunrise & Sunset and Twilight|
|Picture Effect(s)||Monotone, Pastel, Sepia|
|Digital Picture Effect(s)||Old Movie|
|Analog Audio/Video Output(s)||Yes (Multi A/V)|
|Digital Audio/Video Output(s)||Yes (via USB)|
|USB Port(s)||Yes (2.0 compliant)|
|S-Video Output(s)||Yes (optional accessory)|
|LCD||2.5" (123K Pixels) SwivelScreen LCD Display|
|Lens Type||Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar|
|Viewfinder||Color (123K Pixels)|
|Microphone||Yes (Built-in; Stereo)|
|35mm Equivalent||39-1560mm (16:9 Camera Mode); 36-1440mm (4:3 Camera Mode); 36-1440 (4:3 Memory Mode)|
|Aperture||f/1.8 - 4.1|
|Exposure||Touch Panel (30 steps)|
|Filter Diameter||30 mm|
|Focal Distance||1.9 - 76 mm; Telemacro Mode - 430 mm|
|Focus||Full Range Auto, Manual (Touch Panel)|
|Shutter Speed||Auto, 1/6-1/4000 (Scene Selection Mode)|
|Power Consumption||2.7W/2.9W (VF/LCD)|
|Battery Type||InfoLithium with AccuPower Meter System (NP-FH40)|
|Power Requirements||7.2V (battery pack); 8.4V (AC Adaptor)|
|Operating System Compatibility||Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home, Microsoft Windows XP Professional|
|Supplied Software||Picture Motion Browser v. 2.0|
|Video Recording System||DVD-Video/DVD-VR Modes|
|Video Signal System||NTSC color, EIA standards|
|Format(s) Supported||MPEG2 (SD)|
|Dimension||2-1/4" x 3-5/8" x 5-1/4" (54.5 mm x 89 mm x 130.5 mm)|
|Weight||16 oz. (440 g)|
|Warranty||Sony 1 year parts and 90 days labor warranty|