Get this Nikon D4S, normally $6,496.95, on sale at $5,996.95 for a total savings of $500.00 and Shipping is free!
Rethink the limits of speed, precision, efficiency and versatility in the field. With remarkable enhancements throughout the entire workflow, thrilling new levels of speed, performance and ISO sensitivity and the superior image quality of a Nikon flagship HD-SLR, D4S frees professionals to perform at their peak in whatever conditions their assignments demand. Capture full resolution stills at 11 fps for approx. 200 shots with full AE and AF functionality, noise-free photos and videos up to ISO 25,600 (expandable to a mind-boggling ISO 409,600 equivalent at Hi4) and 1080p Full HD videos with high-fidelity stereo audio. Transfer files 10x faster with new 1000 Base-T (Gigabit) wired LAN, and increase that speed further by shooting a smaller RAW SIZE S format. Think and shoot in ways you may not have believed possible.
The evolution of a masterpiece.
The course of modern imaging has been forged by the talent and ingenuity of working professionals, but also by the introduction of a few cameras so innovative and forward-thinking, they redefined what's possible. The Nikon D4 has been such a camera. And now D4S proves that a great thing really can get better, with remarkable enhancements throughout the entire workflow, dazzling new levels of speed, performance, ISO sensitivity and, of course, the superior image quality of a Nikon camera.
Enhancements through the entire workflow
How do you make a revolutionary camera better? Improve its speed, precision and efficiency without sacrificing the features that make it exceptional. D4S builds on the success of D4 with 30% faster image processing and substantial energy savings-capture up to 3,020* stills on a single charge-an extended standard ISO range (100-25,600) with enhanced noise reduction, and improved tonal range and smoother gradations. Shoot 11 fps for approx. 200 shots at full resolution with AE and AF functionality. For faster initial subject capture, use five AF sensors as a single focus point with the new Group Area AF setting. Transfer files 10x faster than the D4 with new 1000 Base-T (Gigabit) wired LAN, and increase that speed further by shooting a new smaller RAW SIZE S format. Perform at your peak-D4S will keep up.
Stunning views of decisive moments
Like its predecessor, the D4, the D4S delivers a level of image quality that elevates the power of any story. An improved 16.2MP FX-format CMOS image sensor is paired with Nikon's spectacular new image-processing engine, EXPEED 4, for truly phenomenal speed and performance in the field. The combination achieves outstanding ISO sensitivity, faithful, vibrant color, natural depth, subtle nuanced tones from pitch black to snow white and smoother gradations in both stills and videos. Nikon's proven 51-point AF system and 3D Color Matrix metering III with a 91,000-pixel RGB sensor provide fast, accurate autofocus and metering. Enhanced Picture Control tone curves deliver more depth and clearer color rendition in "Standard" mode. For viewfinder shooting, a new custom setting lets you toggle Face Detection on and off as the situation requires for improved exposure bias around your subjects. You can even measure White Balance against any point in the frame.
Noise-free shooting from ISO 100 to 25,600
Photographers go where their assignments take them, and this often means working in the high-contrast glare of the midday sun, the low-light at dawn or the poorly illuminated interiors of a sporting venue. Nikon flagship D-SLRs have long been recognized by professionals for their clean performance at high ISO settings, and D4S takes that performance to the next level. With a specially designed 16.2MP FX-format CMOS image sensor engineered to collect more light and render higher image quality plus the power of EXPEED 4, you can shoot sharp photos from ISO 100 all the way up to 25,600. The ISO range can be extended to a mind-boggling ISO 409,600 equivalent at Hi 4 for overcoming the most challenging lighting conditions. Enjoy great flexibility in your approach to fulfilling challenging assignments.
Following is a Comparison of the features which Nikon has upgraded in the New D4S Camera Versus the Original D4
•Image Processing Engine D4S: EXPEED 4 30% faster Increased number of shots Higher video quality at high ISO Supports 1080 60p More shots per charge
(D4 Processing Engine EXPEED 3)
• ISO Sensitivity Range: 100 to 25,600 Lo1 (ISO 50) to Hi4 (ISO 409,600)
(D4 Range is 100-12,800 ISO)
• RAW SIZE S: 12-bit uncompressed
• Advanced Scene Recognition System: Group Area AF added
• Face Priority analysis for viewfinder shooting: On/Off possible with custom setting
(D4 Alway On)
• Spot White Balance when using Live View
• Preset White Balance: 1-6 possible
1-3 is possible
• Group Area AF: Yes
• Frame Size and Frame Rate:1920 x 1080 60/50/30/25/24p
(D4 is 1920 x 1080 30/25/24p)
• ISO Auto Control for Manual Exposure
• Simultaneous recording to memory card and external recorder
• Selectable audio frequency range: Yes Wide/Voice
• Audio adjusted during video recording; Yes
• Wired LAN: 1000 Base T Support
(D4 100 Base T Support)
• Shape of a grip and details at backside (body form and controls) have been re-designed
• continuous shooting for up to approx. 200 shots (JPEG fine L), approx. 133 shots (12-bit, lossless co mpressed RAW), approx. 176 shots (12-bit, compressed RAW), or approx. 104 shots (14-bit, compressed RAW)
(D4 continuous shooting for up to approx. 170 shots (JPEG fine L), approx. 92 shots (12-bit, lossless compressed RAW), approx. 92 shots (12- bit, compressed RAW), or approx. 76 shots (14-bit, compressed RAW)
• Change Focus point size in Live View Movie: Yes
• Fine tune LCD color
• Full aperture metering during Live View for stills
• Live View - Image Area: Can be selected while in Live View for stills and movies
• Interval timer / Time lapse movie: Increased to 9999
(D4 Up to 999 possible)
• Battery: EN-EL18A Approx. 3,020 shots
(D4 Approx. 2,600 shots)
• Time-lapse Interval Timers Exposure Smoothening: Yes