Manfrotto 300N QTVR Panoramic Rotation Head
What's Included With This Item:
- Manfrotto 300N QTVR Panoramic Rotation Head
- Secondary Locking Screw
- Manfrotto 2 Year Warranty (Additional 8 Years with Online Registration)
The 300N panoramic rotation unit allows the photographer to take sequential constant-angle shots around a single axis, an essential part of achieving accurate and easy-to-stitch panoramic compositions. In principle this new head works like the previous one (code 3414), but in reality we have made three changes:
1) THE SAFETY CABLE FOR SCREW KNOB "F" ...Safety cable to prevent it from being separated from the head and getting lost.
2) THE SECONDARY LOCKING KNOB "W" ...The 300N also comes complete with a secondary locking screw which stops unwanted or accidental rotation of the head when heavy or off-center equipment makes it less balanced or when the head is used for non-horizontal rotation.
3) THE NEW CHOICE OF ANGLE SHOTS... As you know the type of lens used determines the shooting angle and consequently the number of rotations. Comparing to the previous version we delete the 18° angle position (20 pictures) and replaces it with a 5° angle position ( 72 pictures).
The unit weighs 1.1 lbs. It is 2.4" high, and has a maximum load capacity of 31 lbs.
The camera can be mounted directly to the head by using optional item #3054, for 1/4"-20 mount), or on a conventional head which is in turn mounted on the Panoramic Head.
This item has a 3/8"-16 male mounting screw on top and a 3/8"-16 female mount on the bottom.
One reason why the Manfrotto 300N is popular is because of its Stable.