Forensic & Crime Scene Equipment
BVDA America 2x2" Gellifters, 12/Pack, White
SKU: BVB13400 MFR: B13400
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The BVDA America 2 x 2" Gellifters (12/Pack, White) have been especially developed for the lifting of fingerprints, shoeprints, dust marks and micro traces. The thick, non-aggressive, low-tack gelatin layer allows traces to be lifted from almost every surface, including porous material such as paper and cardboard. Lifted prints can be transported for photography or closer examination.
The gelatin layer of the white Gellifter absorbs blood and dyes from staining solutions. These traces can easily be copied onto the gelatin layer and then viewed free from a interfering background. The extreme white color of this Gellifter has a low fluorescence. Staining solutions which fluoresce when excited with green light (e.g., Hungarian Red) will therefore show up in high contrast to the gelatin layer. BVDA America advise that shoeprints in dust be lifted with the black Gellifters, even when lifting dark-colored prints that intuitively would seem to contrast better on white Gellifters.
- Risk-free lifting: Gellifters make it possible to lift the same print multiple times without the risk of destroying it. Also, there is minimal or no risk of damaging the surface of the exhibit
- Easy to use: The flexibility of the Gellifter makes it easy to apply on any surface. The low-tack adhesive makes it easy to remove
- Many applications: Lift powdered fingerprints, untreated fingerprints, fingerprints developed with cyanoacrylate, fingerprints in/on latex and vinyl gloves, shoe impressions in dust, traces in blood, dye-stained finger- and shoeprints in blood, earprints, indented writing, micro traces and fibers
- Lift from virtually every surface: Porous or non-porous, flat or curved, smooth or rough: a black, white or transparent Gellifter will do the job
- No air bubbles: The thick gelatin layer of Gellifters eliminates the risk of trapping air bubbles when lifting prints from rough surfaces. This ensures a complete lift of the print, without gaps
- Weak traces are clearly visualized: Even the weakest traces become clearly visible when lifted with a black Gellifter. Its jet-black color and the high-gloss finish of its gelatin layer provide the right background to visualize the weakest trace
- Sharpness and rich contrast: The jet-black color of the black Gellifters and the high-gloss finish provide a perfect combination of absorption and reflection. Used with the right illumination, it achieves a crisp image in which the print is perfectly contrasted with the background
- Quality from start to finish: High standards of quality are maintained both in the production and packaging of Gellifters. Check every single Gellifter, just before packaging, to make sure that only the best ends up with you at the crime scene
||5 x 5 cm / 2 x 2"
||12 per pack