• Neutral Density filters evenly reduce the amount of light passing thru the lens without effecting color.
• Ideal for reducing bright light in large aperture situations when a narrow depth is field is needed.
• Allows for slower shutter speeds when blurring or showing of movement is desired.
• Allows balancing of exposure to highlight a key subject.
• Lets you use higher speed films in bright light.
• B&W Neutral Density filters are available in most sizes and in the following strengths:
• .3 (2X) Reduces the light one f-stop.
• .6 (4X) Reduces the light two f-stops.
• .9 (8X) Reduces the light three f-stops.
• 1.8 (64X) Reduces the light six f-stops
• 3.0 (ten f-stops) & 4.0 (seventeen f-stops) are for astronomical and sun studies.
• With Single Coating
Reviewed by 2 customers
If you need to knock down the light a bit, this is an excellent way to do it. Allows long exposures, even on sunny days. I use it for photography waterfalls.
This is a great filter for doing long exposures. I've been able to take 30sec exposures in the middle of the day when stopping down. My only complaint is the images are a little warm. This is can be fixed in post processing though.