Kaesemann filters are constructed from select polarizing foils and the finest optical class.
• They were designed for apochromatic and fast telephoto lenses, but all lenses benifit from their quality.
• Kaesemann polarizers are edge sealed and are ideal for extreme climate conditions.
• Polarizer filters evenly increase color saturation of all colors (except black and white), creating deep, rich scenics.
• They add contrast for dramatic skies and ariel shots.
• Polarizers also eliminate glare from highly reflected surfaces like glass and water.
• Polarizers are two part lenses that rotate, allowing you to select the degree of additional saturation, contrast and glare reduction desired.
•They come in two varieties.
• Circular-for all types of cameras (required for beam splitting metering systems commonly found in auto-focus SLR's and in most current TTL Slr's; check your camera's manual).
• Linear-for rangefinders and older SLR metering systems.
The B + W 77 Circular Polarizer is commonly used for Color correction, Image manipulation, Lens protection and more.The B + W 77 Circular Polarizer is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The B + W 77 Circular Polarizer is popular because customers like the following qualities of the B + W 77 Circular Polarizer: Clear optics, Consistent effect, Easily mounted, Easy to use, Firm mount and Strong construction
Most Liked Positive Review
All serious photographers should own one
It's simply the finest polarizer I've ever used. It has some weight to it and pretty much feels to be built like a tank. I have no doubt that this thing will last for years. Why spend thousands, or even hundreds, on a lens only to stick some sub-standard piece of glass on the front. Go with the best, you'll not be disappointed.
Most Liked Negative Review
Low quality male threads
The male threads are poorly cut. This is the only screw on lens accessory that I have had trouble with. There is way too much friction in the part that is supposed to spin, so you either loosen the entire filter or the crummy male threads will jam into your lens/UV filter. Very annoying when you are in the field and can't remove it. Female threads are fine. Image quality is nice though.
Reviewed by 58 customers
Surprised to find the packaging for this filter was not sealed when it arrived today. The filter will be tested on lens later today.
Sturdy, and versatile
Good quality filter but price you have to pay over performance is too high, honestly I couldn't find much difference with my $7 cheap filter from other brand.
Build quality is great does what it does but for about $145 I thought it will be way better than my old $6 cpl but honestly I couldn't see any difference even under careful pixel peeping (reducing reflection, making cloud pop). There could be something better that I don't know but for performance it was exactly same as my $6 cpl, I'm so disappointed on b+w. I'm sending this back.
Works great with sky and water
great quality glass, can be thinner
Value is completely different from cost. There are cheaper CP filters but for me, the extra value of brass construction justifies the additional cost of this filter
Landscape. Make my Hawaii sky stand out.
used it on my nikon 10-24mm. bring up blue sky better with this filter.
I use this filter all the time day or night it works excellent