CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens
What does it take to elevate a standard lens to an extraordinary lens? It takes a lens capable of doing a little bit of everything—a renaissance lens, if you will. Meet the CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II, a renaissance lens for the modern photographer, capable of meeting a range of demands, including:
- Low-light scenarios. They’re difficult for many standard lenses to handle, but the excellent color balance of the Canon 50mm ensures accurate low-light photographs time and time again.
- Lightweight construction means you can easily interchange this standard lens when it’s time to turn to a different tool in your photographer’s toolbox.
- Consistent output might be the most important factor here, and the diligent construction and simple design of this Canon 50mm lens offers consistent output even in a wide range of photographic demands.
Want standard? Buy any old lens. But if you want a standard lens that truly performs, then it’s time to put some thought into your go-to lens.
Learn about the CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens
In the photography industry, the word “standard” gets thrown around a lot. A “standard” lens is a lens that handles just about everything you can throw at it, doing no one particular task with any exceptional quality. But a “standard” lens like the CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II may officially be “standard,” but you should expect nothing less than exceptional quality.
But how do you know when a lens like this Canon-50mm is indeed above the “standard,” ordinary lenses you’ll see out there on the market? What elevates its photography game high above the other standard lenses out there, giving you exceptional picture quality at “standard” prices? Let’s look beyond what’s “standard” about this lens and find out where it truly shines:
- Color balance. We can’t talk about a lens like the CANON EF 50mm f/1.8 II without mentioning the astounding color balance. As any professional photographer knows, color balance can be one of the most underrated variables in any photo. When there’s something “off” about a photo but you can’t quite put your finger on it, you should ask yourself about the color balance. Luckily this lens performs above and beyond the “standard” by offering color balance that doesn’t oversaturate; instead the colors are lush, accurate, and highly attractive in each and every shot. This makes the Canon 50mm ideal for a number of events, including wedding receptions and even run-of-the-mill studio shoots.
- Low light is a concern with any lens you acquire, whether or not it’s standard. The Canon 50mm delivers well in low light conditions, as it’s well suited for night photography and dimly lit events such as wedding receptions and night club promotions. Grabbing enough quality light in these poorly-lit conditions often requires a big “above-standard” aperture, but this Canon lens offers a surprising amount of detailing even in conditions that other standard lenses might not handle so well.
- Both near-to-far focusing distances will work exceptionally well with the Canon 50mm, which is a must-have on any standard, versatile lens. You need to be able to take near and far shots at a moment’s notice, especially when you don’t have the time to switch out for a new lens. That’s why it’s so important that your go-to lens be capable of handling near and far shots with the right focus and the proper accuracy.
- Consistency is key as well, and if there’s anything the Canon 50mm has, it’s consistency. It starts with clear glass that makes for crystal-clear photographs, not to mention quality construction that ensures each lens element is in the right place. Consistency in photographs is easy to attain when you’re dealing with a multitude of lenses, but when you stick to one standard lens, you need to know that every shot will come out looking right.
- Little details about a standard lens add up to a lot the more you use them: durability, interchangeability, easy mounting, fast autofocus, low-light conditions, how light it is, etc. That’s where the Canon 50mm truly shines, offering exactly what you need out of your standard lens at every corner.
If you want a standard lens that’s hard working and capable of working in just about any environment, there are a lot of quality lenses out there that will do the job. But if you want consistency and excellent color balance, only the Canon 50mm will suffice.
From the Manufacturer
This is the lightest EF lens of all at a mere 4.6 oz. (130g). Compact and high-performance, standard lens. Its Gaussian optics provide sharp delineation from near to far focusing distances. The color balance is excellent for a standard lens.
The Canon 50mm F/1.8 is commonly used for Art, Back-up, Documentary, Fun, General purpose, Landscape/scenery, Landscape photography, Low light, Macro photography, Night photography, Photojournalism, Portrait, Portraits, Professional work, Special effects, Sports/action, Travel, Upgrade, Video, Weddings, Wildlife, Wildlife photos and more.The Canon 50mm F/1.8 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Beginner, Casual photographer, Casual user, Enthusiast, Photo enthusiast, Photography student, Professional, Pro photographer, Semi-professional, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Canon 50mm F/1.8 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Canon 50mm F/1.8: Cheap, Clear glass, Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Easily mounted, Easy to clean, Fast, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Good in low light, Good price / value, Great in low light, Inexpensive, Lightweight, Low light, Nice bokeh, Price, Quiet, Rugged, Sharp, Simple controls and Strong construction