CPC 925 GPS Unique design, advanced features, GOTO accuracy, and superb optics. You get the picture.
Celestron's 9.25" optical system has enjoyed a loyal following since we first introduced it with our Ultima 9.25" in 1995. Now the 9.25" optical tube is coupled with Celestron's newest computerized telescope family the CPC GPS series.
The 9.25" was already a favorite among astrophotographers and discerning visual observers and it offers 33% more light gathering than our 8" model. The CPC 925 GPS was specifically designed for visual infinity focus when using 2" eyepieces and has an optimized baffle system to benefit astrophotography by minimizing vignetting at the edge of the field of view. Its longer primary focal length and lower magnification secondary mirror contribute to a flatter field of view at the focal plane and helps to further reduce optical aberrations.
This feature packed model comes standard with Celestron's renowned StarBright multi-coatings. The CPC 925 GPS is compatible with the complete line of Celestron photographic and visual accessories.
What makes the CPC 925 GPS great for astrophotography?
• Longer focal length primary and lower magnification secondary Contributes to a flatter focal plane with less coma and off-axis astigmatism.
• Baffle design Optimized for astrophotography. Minimizes vignetting at the edge of the field of view. This reduces light drop off at the corners of your film plane.
• Hand Figured Optics Just like all other Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, the CPC 925 GPS optics are individually matched and hand figured to ensure the highest optical quality in every telescope.
• Focus mechanism At the heart of Celestron's Schmidt-Cassegrain focus mechanism are pre-loaded ball bearings, not bushings, minimizing focus shift.
• Heavy-duty die cast aluminum fork arms For maximum rigidity.
• Unique roller bearing design bearing and shaft The telescope base rotates around a wide 9.5" track for maximum stability; especially important when equatorially mounted for imaging.
• Autoguider port For interfacing an autoguider or a drive corrector for long exposure imaging or astrophotography.
• StarBright coatings High quality multi-layer coatings maximize transmission of light to the film plane.
Celestron's new CPC Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment
Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for - quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability.
The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars - you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar® software technology will model the night sky to determinethe position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database
The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way).
Identify feature tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is alot of fun.
There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
The new CPC Series telescopes, like our acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series telescopes feature meticulously matched andhand-figured optical systems that are manufactured in our facilities in Torrance, California. In addition, all CPC models are available with StarBright and StarBright XLT High Performance Optical Coatings.
With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has "gone back to the drawing board" and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value. All CPC models ship standard with our NexRemote telescope control software.