Kinetronics Memory Card Contact Cleaning Kit for All Digital Memory Cards.
What's Included With This Item:
- ½ Ounce dropper bottle of Contact Cleaning Solution, Two Technical Cleaning Swabs, Two, lint free, anti-static Tiger Cloths
• Digital Cameras, MP3 audio devices and PDAs use a removable Memory Card to store and transfer digital data. The contacts on these Memory Cards are susceptible to corrosion, contamination and damage. If the contacts are clean, no data or images will be lost.
• Contamination occurs when a Memory Card has been removed from the digital camera or other device. The contacts are gold plated. Any contamination affects the integrity of the data and is cumulative.
• Because of the considerable investment in both the Memory Card and the camera, careful removal of contamination is suggested when faced with the following types of contamination:
•• Particulate (dust, sand, dirt, etc.)
•• Finger oils
•• Liquids (beverages, sweat, and rain)
• Proper cleaning assures the replacement of surface corrosion inhibitors from the contacts. Without the corrosion inhibitors, small breaches in the gold plate will allow the layer underneath to corrode, both producing contaminant particles and interfering with the electrical contact, rendering the card inoperable.
• In addition, rubbing the contacts with an ordinary cloth exposes the card to the development of a static charge, which can damage the delicate memory circuit inside the card if the charge passes through the connector. Many cloths also tend to shed lint when used, potentially introducing rather than eliminating contaminants.