See all shipping options

On Backorder - Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives.We will not charge your card for any back ordered items, until it is ready to actually ship. learn more / Notify Me

Top Rated Gear

Our Price

$28.95
Buy more and save
Quantity Discount
QuantityAmount

The quantity discount will be reflected in your shopping cart

About Adorama

(8x8") Light-tight louvers that allow fresh air to pass through freely. Most efficient when used with a Darkroom Fan. But one or more may be used to ventilate the darkroom. 12x12" for a room up to 12x14', or 12x24" for a room 12x20'.

Summary of Customer Reviews

(9)
Customers most agreed on the following attributes:
Pros:
Compact (5)
Best Uses:
Developing (5),Enlarging (4)
Reviewer Profile:
Photo enthusiast (3)

Reviews about this item

Review Snapshot®

 
4.2

(based on 9 reviews)

86%

of respondents would recommend this to a friend.

Ratings Distribution

  • 5 Stars

     

    (4)

  • 4 Stars

     

    (3)

  • 3 Stars

     

    (2)

  • 2 Stars

     

    (0)

  • 1 Stars

     

    (0)

Most Liked Positive Review

 

Well Made and Effective

Solidly built, this vent completely blocks incoming/outgoing light. Since they only stick out about 1/4" from the outer 'darkroom' wall they waste very little space, and have a clean, professional, 'stealthy' look. Can be spray painted to match your room's decor. They are much less restrictive than another brand of 4" round darkroom louvered vent. However, these will still reduce the flow of air compared to an 8" square hole in the wall (!), so remember to provide about twice as much intake ...

View full Review

Solidly built, this vent completely blocks incoming/outgoing light. Since they only stick out about 1/4" from the outer 'darkroom' wall they waste very little space, and have a clean, professional, 'stealthy' look. Can be spray painted to match your room's decor. They are much less restrictive than another brand of 4" round darkroom louvered vent. However, these will still reduce the flow of air compared to an 8" square hole in the wall (!), so remember to provide about twice as much intake venting as the size of your exhaust fan's duct. ( I'm using two of these 8x8's as passive intake vents for my 4" exhaust fan, with good results.)

VS

Most Liked Negative Review

 

Not 100% light tight.

If the sun is hitting this louver directly, it blocks maybe 95% of the light. It is still useable for me since I can make a mod to my setup to eliminate the remaining 5%. Should perform to 100% light tightness if it's installed in a shady area.

Reviewed by 9 customers

 
3.0

Not 100% light tight.

By

from Raleigh, NC  -  Photo Enthusiast

If the sun is hitting this louver directly, it blocks maybe 95% of the light. It is still useable for me since I can make a mod to my setup to eliminate the remaining 5%. Should perform to 100% light tightness if it's installed in a shady area.

 
5.0

Works and easy fix for light control

By

from Rochester, MN  -  Casual Photographer

I had one for several years before I had to clean it out. I got one more recently to get more air flow. they work fine and block the light. Easily cleaned with a simple disassebly and wash.

(0 of 1 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

did exactly as I hoped. Love the producy

By

from Eatontown, NJ  -  Photo Enthusiast

Use this product for darkroom. Works perfect.

(2 of 2 customers found this review helpful)

 
5.0

Well Made and Effective

By

from Oregon  -  Casual Photographer

Solidly built, this vent completely blocks incoming/outgoing light. Since they only stick out about 1/4" from the outer 'darkroom' wall they waste very little space, and have a clean, professional, 'stealthy' look. Can be spray painted to match your room's decor. They are much less restrictive than another brand of 4" round darkroom louvered vent. However, these will still reduce the flow of air compared to an 8" square hole in the wall (!), so remember to provide about twice as much intake venting as the size of your exhaust fan's duct. ( I'm using two of these 8x8's as passive intake vents for my 4" exhaust fan, with good results.)

 
5.0

Works great and easy to install

By

from Seattle, WA  -  Photography Student

Seems to work great. Very easy to install and popped right in.

(0 of 3 customers found this review helpful)

 
3.0

not bad for [$]

By

from washington d.c.  -  Photo Enthusiast

these were a fair deal @ [$] each, now at [$] each they are a rip off

(1 of 1 customers found this review helpful)

 
4.0

Works great

By

from Florida  -  Hobbyist/Enthusiast

The only problem I have with these is the 8x8 louvers don't seem to have an airflow rating listed anywhere which is frustrating figuring your requirements for intake air.

(0 of 3 customers found this review helpful)

 
4.0

Effective and simple to install

By

from Cleveland, OH  -  Hobbyist/Enthusiast

Very easy installation, kind of like a duct register. Of course you could build this with some plywood and black paint.

 
4.0

light tight louver

By

from Roxboro NC

easy to install and works very well. no problems at all.

Q&A

Questions & Answers Powered by TurnTo®

Questions about this item:

EDWARD E  Is one louver required for each side of the hole in the wall? I'm asking because it seems that otherwise one side would have the louver, the other would have a view of the hole in the wall.
JAMIE H  Yes and no. It makes things really simple to double side it the opening with louvers but only one side has to be light tight. To cut down on expense you can use a simple plastic grate for one side. In my studio, the air intake is from the outdoors so I stuffed the wall with air filter material, used louvers on the inside, and put a regular bathroom vent type finish piece on the exterior with a piece of metal above to help shield the opening from rain.
top
Share this item:
Adorama.com is top rated for customer serviceHACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.
Feedback