New owners of Canon Speedlites are often bewildered about how to use the flash unit effectively to produce the type of shots they want. Although the supplied manual does provide some technical assistance, Speedlites have been, and remain a mystery for many owners. This DVD sets out to change all that.
With a running time of just over an hour, your host, professional photographer Tim Mantoani, takes the mystery out of these flashes and shows you how to use them to their best advantage. Whether you own one or several of these speedlites, Tim walks you through real world situations that can be made better with repeatable techniques. He not only tells you HOW the flash operates, butWHY the engineers designed the flashes with their current set of features.
You've spent a lot of time and resources getting great camera equipment and learning how to use you camera effectively. This DVD will take you to the next level by allowing you to add light where you want it. Photography is all about communication. With a little information and one of these great speedlites, you can evoke exactly the response you want.
These words appear on the back of the DVD:
The new EX series of speedlites from Canon can be the most powerful accessory in your camera bag. Understanding how the controls work is important and this DVD takes you through their operation, step by step. Your host, professional photographer Tim Mantoani, demonstrates these flash units in a serie s of real world examples. He explains why and how to get an emotional response from your pictures by adding or subtracting light
• Flash Exposure Compensation
• Using the Flash as a Key or Fill light
• FP or High Speed Sync operation
• Slow Sync demystified
• Controlling the hardness or softness of the flash
• Auto and Manual Zoom control
• Flash Bracketing
• Manual Mode and Exposure Compensation
• Wireless Operation
• A:B and C groups - why they exist and how to use them
• Group Ratios
• Flash exposure lock
• Getting the flash off the camera
• First and Second Curtain Sync
• Manual and Stroboscopic modes
• And much more! This DVD keeps extra equipment needs to a minimum. Whether you own a 580EX, 430EX, or both, this presentation gives you a practicalapproach for approaching all photographic subjects that require a little "portable sunlight". Whether you use one speedlite or a hundred, Tim's approach will help you create the best photo possible.
This DVD picks up where the manual stops, helping you to integrate flash photography into your image making arsenal.