Professor Kobré's Lightscoop, a bounce device for the pop-up flash on most 35mm DSLRs with interchangable lenses, slips over your camera's pop-up flash and allows you to bounce the flash like professionals bounce an expensive external flash. The Lightscoop is the inexpensive answer to natural-looking bounce flash and digital photography lighting. (Even professionals like it for casual shooting!) No more harsh shadows, bleached faces, red-eye, or cave effect from direct pop-up flash!
Reviewers tell the story:
"Bounce pop-up flash by snapping a Lightscoop over it, a little piece of plastic genius," Popular Photography, March 2008
"...just as if you had used one of those reflector umbrellas that the pros use," David Pogue, New York Times, "Circuits."
-- "It slips into your camera's hot shoe, fits right over the pop up flash, and redirects the camera's flash to a ceiling or wall. That's bounce, baby, bounce... as essential as a lens cap," DingbatMag, the monthly review of Cool Tools
"Your pop-up flash doesn't have to suck... I was stunned by the difference," Terry White's Tech Blog
The Standard version has a normal mirror and is used in most situations.
• Canon 5D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, Rebel XTi OR 400, Rebel XT OR 350, Rebel XSI or 450, Rebel XS or 1000D, Rebel T1i, Rebel T2i
• Fuji FinePix Pro S Series
• Nikon D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D700, D3000, D5000, D7000
• Sigma SD14
• Pentax K10D, K100D, K20D, K200D
• Olympus E3, E420, E520 & E620
• Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2K