•Reflected light is the professional's edge in a photo world filled with complicated technologies and expensive demands for more light sources. Reflectors also allow photographers to harness the strongest and largest light source available to them, the sun. A simple well placed reflector will bring life, color and interest to the dullest of subjects.
• The set of Glow reflector surfaces can soften shadows, reveal details hidden in darkness, enhance skin tones, diffuse harsh sunlight, add a sparkle to the eyes,or add contrast to a drab scene. All this power, without cords, in a highly portable kit consisting of 5 different resilient fabric surfaces stretched over the single spring steel collapsible frame.
• The Silver disk adds the greatest amount of reflection, creates specular highlights, and has the greatest reach' of any in the set. Used carefully, it is the hero of your multi light solution'. Silver adds a definite glow to enhance skin tones, making it a favorite tool of fashion and beauty photographers.
• The Gold disk transforms your light source into the warmest glow, evoking the aura of sunset and romance. Our special Gold/Silver pattern is the real secret to adding a degree of warmth to all subjects and skin tone families. Without theoverpowering color shift common to totally gold reflectors, the zigzag silver/gold pattern produces subtle warmth.
• White produces the most even, natural bounce reflection of light and serves faithfully to maintain color balance and beautifully fills any subject relative to the degree of distance placement from the subject.
• White also can be used independent of other light sources to produce gorgeous catch lights in the eyes. Large catch lights imply innocence and liveliness. Even without light directly hitting the white reflector, the white object in thesubject's field of view will appear in the eyes as a circular catch light, adding value to portraits and headshots.
• Black serves as a negative or subtractive light modifier. When used in proximityto the subject, the disk acts as anti-reflector' scrim, enhancing contrasts, deepening shadows and creates stronger, firmer lines. The black surface also lowers tone to overly light areas to expand the highlight definition range.
• The Translucent diffuser transforms harsh light into soft, creating a gentle wrap around effect. Use the disk as a pass through diffuser for a well placed source in a set when Plexiglas and large panels are not practical for the assignment.
• The lightweight steel spring frame twists and folds to 1/3 of its original open diameter and fits into its own small storage case, ready for opening flat as a light modifier in a snap. The use of a stand with a disk holder or VAL is recommended especially when working alone or with multiple disks.
The Glow Portable 5 in is commonly used for Everyday, General purpose, Indoors, Low light, Macro photography, Night time, Outdoor events / games, Outdoors, Portraits, Studio, Travel and more.The Glow Portable 5 in is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Casual photographer, Enthusiast, Photo enthusiast, Professional, Pro photographer, Semi-professional, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Glow Portable 5 in is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Glow Portable 5 in: Attach securely, Durable, Easy to use, Good color value, Good power output, Good value, Lightweight, Long-lasting and Reliable
Most Liked Positive Review
Good reflector set. ( So far so good,, Great buy for the $$) One thing, when you get it out of it's carry bag, keep a hold of it, and take a GOOD look at how its folded up. There is a trick to folding it back into its bag! ( If you get stuck,just Youtube 'reflector folding', and you'll see how to fold it back down! You can't make it yourself for this kind of price! ( Materials, yes, but construction time and all that,,woooee..less you got the time.. I don't ) One last thing, no handles, so if...View full Review
Good reflector set. ( So far so good,, Great buy for the $$) One thing, when you get it out of it's carry bag, keep a hold of it, and take a GOOD look at how its folded up. There is a trick to folding it back into its bag! ( If you get stuck,just Youtube 'reflector folding', and you'll see how to fold it back down! You can't make it yourself for this kind of price! ( Materials, yes, but construction time and all that,,woooee..less you got the time.. I don't ) One last thing, no handles, so if you are shooting without a assistant, get yourself a clamp set up on a extra light stand, ect. cause this one's a wee bit big to hold single handed...and its a sail in the wind, so sandbag your light stand clamp holder!
Most Liked Negative Review
Beautiful Lighting and very portable
The reflector is very portable and easy to use. I use it to bounce my flash into and to reflect natural light into my subject. I have used it indoors and outdoors and at special events. It folds up neatly and is light weight and easy to carry
Reviewed by 241 customers
I often cover a lot of ground on event assignments, so ease of use a light weight are important. I love the versatility. The gold / silver reflector is a nice effect. I'm still learning how to best manage light with this reflector, but so far I'm very pleased.
Great, stitching and material seem high quality and have held up well.
Nice and compact and good quality.
Well made and a good product. Quality same as the expensive ones. worth the price.
Like the small size. There are times whn you nee a small reflector and this ne does it. The gold face has a nice gold/white pattern that tones down the gols cast very nicely.
Easy to carry.
Love it indoor for soft light portraiture and full body shots. Love it outside to filter the sun light. Easily portable, packable, storable. Great light modifier.
Very nice reflector for the price. Helps with those unwanted shadows I'm always trying to get rid of. Great buy!
Theses reflectors are just what I needed. I love the fact that they curl up so small that you can take them anywhere!!
The Glow Portable 5 in 1 (42") is practical like a Suiss knife. Enhancing, filtering, reducing, reflecting, ambienc"ing" the light needed for a specific shot.