Tripod Legs for Still & Video
Gitzo GT2531EX Series 2 6x Explorer 3 Section Carbon Fiber Tripod with G-Lock System, Maximum Height 66", Supports 26 lbs.
SKU: GZGT2531EX MFR: GT2531EX
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
Gitzo GT2531EX Explorer is another of the tripods for special applications; a versatile support that opens up new shooting perspectives. Thanks to its unconventional design, the legs can be set at any angle and moved independently while the center column tilts and rotates freely to any position.
The Explorer unleashes its potential when used with a Gitzo off-center ball head, a combination that makes it the ideal tripod for creative photographers, looking for unconventional shots: close to ground, upside down or in tight or awkward spaces. Ideal applications are outdoor macro and nature photography, still life and architectural.
The Gitzo GT2531E is commonly used for Night shots and more.The Gitzo GT2531E is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast among others.The Gitzo GT2531E is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Gitzo GT2531E: Stable, Unfolds quickly to mention just a few.
- ALR: Anti Leg Rotation system, which means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually
- Double Quick Release Safety System: The system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually operated by means of a button, that prevent camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick release locking knob is released
- Separate Friction Control: By fine tuning the freedom of movement of the head, friction control makes the head slower and more precise or faster and looser. This feature also helps to make using heavy equipment or long lenses safer
- G-Lock: The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock
- Ground Level Set: This new feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground
- Hook: This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizingweight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) fromthe bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with longheavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions
- Leg Ends: All tripods and monopods in Series 1 and above are provided with removable rubber feet. This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes
- Leveling Bubble: The new leveling system made of three independent leveling bubbles on the quick release plate and one in the ball stem, always guarantee perfectly leveled images
- Rapid Column: The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability
- Reversible Column: The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work
- Reversible Handles: Handles can removed and repositioned or rotated in different positions. This feature greatly increases a head's versatility and is particularly appreciated by left handed users
- Safe Grip: Safe Grip is a material that gives a safer lock between your camera and the head plate, preventing the camera from moving or slipping. It is used on quick release plates and in applications where the camera equipment is screwed to the support to reduce pivoting and twisting
- Safe Lock: Safe Lock is a special techno polymer that maximises locking torque and equipment stabilisation. It is used on the upper discs of tripods and heads and in applications where the equipment is rotated and screwed onto the support to eliminate micro movements and vibration
- Separate Pan Control: When using a ball head, the ability to lock and unlock the panoramic movement independent of front-back or lateral tilt movements is convenient for panoramic photography and when a high level of control is required
- Friction Control: By fine tuning the freedom of movement of the head, friction control makes the head slower and more precise or faster and looser. This feature also helps to make using heavy equipment or long lenses safer
- Fluid Cartridge: A fluid cartridge consists in a system made with two parts that slide one on the other. Inside the system is included a special fluid that controls the movement and makes it extremely soft, "fluid" and smooth
- Balancing System: In 1966 Gitzo was the first to introduce the balancing system. This system allows you to keep your equipment balanced when mounted on the head even when this is not locked
- Power Disc: The new tripod upper disc is called "Power Disc". It is made of machined solid aluminum and it now features two locking screws, one to lock the head, the other to safely lock the disc onto the column
- Leg Angles: Gitzo tripods feature a variety of leg openings. From one spread of series 0 to infinite angles of Explorer tripods. New series 1, 2 ,3 and Leveling tripods now feature an upgraded upper casting with an additional third leg spread
- Bubble Ball: Gitzo has now developed a new exclusive technology that enables to produce high quality, completely round hollow spheres, with a ultra thin wall, for an incredible weight reduction
- Hydraulic Lock: Gitzo's Hydraulic Locking System is a completely new concept and for the first time is inserted inside the sphere. The system is very powerful & it can generate a pressure up to 350 PSI. This system allows for a fast & powerful locking, combined in a compact and lightweight structure
- Spring Lock: The new center Spring Assisted Double Lock is a patent pending system that combines two locking systems in one, that maximizes both locking power and ball smoothness