The Fiber Optic Adapter converts the electrical bulkhead of any Ikelite DS Substrobe into a fiber optic port. This adapter is a manual exposure (non-TTL) trigger only. The strobe's output must be adjusted using the manual power settings built into the strobe (varies by model).
The Fiber Optic Adapter automatically configures itself for compatibility with both pre-flash and non pre-flash camera modes. No setting of small switches or confusion over number of pre-flashes. Simply turn on your Substrobe and take one picture to configure.
An individual Fiber Optic Adapter is needed for each Substrobe. Use of two Substrobes requires two Fiber Optic Adapters.
Depth rated to 300 feet (90 meters). Requirements for Use
1. Any Ikelite DS Substrobe:
• Compatible Substrobes include DS50, DS51, DS125, DS160 and DS161 models. The AF35 AutoFlash is not compatible with the #4401 adapter.
2. One of the following fiber optic cables (not available through Ikelite):
• INON Optical D Cable "Non-wireless type" L-Connector *
• SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable (L-type) Product No. 50107
• Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable PTCB-E02
• Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable No. 26211 Nauticam to INON
• Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable No. 26212 Nauticam to SEA&SEA
3. Compatible camera and housing:
• Underwater housing must allow use of the camera's built-in flash and have a means by which to attach a fiber optic cable. Ikelite does not currently offer means by which to attach fiber optic cables to either Ikelite or non-Ikelite housings.
Size and Weight
• Length without Connector Protector: 2.7 in (6.9 cm)
• Maximum Diameter: 1.1 in (2.8 cm)
• Weight: 1.6 oz (45 g)