For limited time only, save 17% on the Sony 55-300mm dropping from $298.00 to $248.00 when you buy this item at Adorama.com and Shipping is free! The Sony 55-300mm also comes in Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT SAM Lens f/A Alpha Cameras - Bundle w/62mm Filter Kit.
Sony 55-300mm F4.0-5.6 DT SAM Telephoto Zoom Lens
Want a professional quality telephoto lens without doling out what a professional might be expected to pay? Then allow us to introduce you to the affordable wonder that is the Sony 55-300mm F4.0-5.6 DT SAM Telephoto Zoom Lens, a lens capable of both wildlife and scenery shots with stunning clarity. But what makes this lens so special?
- The SAM technology—a Smooth Autofocus Motor that’s quiet and handles the dirty work of adjusting focus while you’re thinking about framing your subject and taking a beautiful shot.
- Image quality on the full spectrum of zoom, including when you use the maximum 300mm focal length. Your zoomed images don’t have to look paltry next to your unzoomed images—with the Sony 55-300mm you can have the best of both worlds.
- The Sony 55-300mm is popular partly thanks to its interchangeability, allowing you to use this on a variety of cameras and easily move from one lens to another.
Don’t let that next far-away shot escape you. Acquire a Sony 55-300mm and zoom in.
Learn about the Sony 55-300mm F4.0-5.6 DT SAM Telephoto Zoom Lens
Want to zoom in your subject? Then get any old zoom lens. Want to zoom in on your subject with power, smooth autofocus, and plenty of stable, consistent photographs? Then consider the Sony 55-300mm F4.0-5.6 DT SAM Telephoto Zoom Lens a prime candidate for your next photography purchase. Not only is this telephoto zoom lens perfect for professional photographers, but it can significantly upgrade the quality of any photo enthusiast’s regular portfolio entries. Let’s take a—dare we say it?—closer look at what makes this lens work so well.
- Sony SAM technology. No, it doesn’t stand for surface-to-air anything. Here at Adorama it stands for Smooth Autofocus Motor. And it provides you with such a fast, smooth experience in autofocusing that you’ll have no problem using the Sony 55-300mm in the highest standard HD video recordings. And don’t worry if your subject is far off and constantly moving, like say, some animal or wildlife—the SAM will ensure that you take a smooth photograph without having to scramble for your own focus.
- ED—or Extra-Low Dispersion—is an element in this lens that lets you procure the same quality for your photographs whether you’re using a 300mm focal length (the maximum) or less. Translation? You can still expect sharpness and clarity with each of your photographs even if you’re testing the quality of your Sony 55-300mm. You’ll also find additional features that help you take crisp photographs, such as reduced color aberrations. This is perfect for someone who wants to get started with a new telephoto zoom lens but isn’t sure how to make their own photographs “look good.”
- Beautiful landscapes. You might not always be thinking landscapes with a telephoto zoom lens, but the Sony 55-300mm is more than capable of offering you beautiful portrait and landscape photos thanks to its wide 55mm end. This complement to the high-strength zooming technology ensures that you can switch between zoomed-out and zoomed-in at live events with relative ease—and since you know that the Sony SAM technology is helping you on the focus side of things, you won’t have to think twice before taking that next shot.
- Affordability. For a telephoto lens of this quality, you’d be amazed at what the customer might be expected to pay. Not so here at Adorama. The affordability to quality ratio here is definitely in favor of the customer, helping you to procure a professional-quality telephoto lens without feeling like you have to declare bankruptcy immediately after the purchase.
- Interchangeability. Like the 200mm, this Sony telephoto lens is highly interchangeable, ensuring that you can quickly change to and from a telephoto lens at a moment’s notice without disrupting your creative flow. This means having access to a wide range of lenses and options no matter what kind of event you’re attending—and it’s what helps make the Sony 55-300 the best lens for sports photography.
E-mount lenses like the Sony 55-300mm F4.0-5.6 DT SAM Telephoto Zoom Lens are more than lenses—they’re ways of viewing the world. Okay, that’s what lenses do—but trust us when we say that this lens will help you enhance your photography in new, exciting, and less limited ways. Ideal for photo enthusiasts, semi-pro photographers, and anyone looking to capture landscape and wildlife photos with clarity and beauty.
From the Manufacturer
The Sony 55-300mm DT f/4.5-5.6 SAM Telephoto Zoom Lens has a zoom range of 5.5x equivalent to 82.5 - 450mm on a full-frame 35mm DSLR. This immediately places it among the longest lenses they offer for the A-mount lineup, eclipsing even some of the high-end G series focal lengths at a fraction of the cost. The 55-300mm SAM is an easy addition to your camera bag-quickly replacing several of your current lenses that you would no longer have to swap between-no longer risking dust, damage or missed opportunities.
One of the greatest features of the lens is the Sony SAM technology (Smooth Autofocus Motor). This provides you with both fast, smooth and quiet focusing that won't disrupt the audio in your HD video recordings, nor the temperamental wildlife you're zooming in on.
An ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) lens element provides exceptional image quality all the way out to its maximum 300mm focal length-meaning your zoomed images benefit from enhanced clarity and sharpness throughout the frame. The advanced optical design of the SAL55300, with the same elements found in the more expensive premium Sony G lenses, reduces color aberrations and provides excellent contrast to enhance your images before they even reach the camera sensor.
While the 300mm focal length may be a bit more exciting to some than the wider 55mm end, when you don't need as much telephoto zoom the lens will also zoom back out to be an ideal portrait or landscape lens. It is also an ideal complement to the Sony DT 18-55mm Zoom Lens that comes included with many of the Sony Alpha DSLR's already. With the two of these lenses, you will have access to 16.6x zoom and pretty much covered all possible shooting situations--leaving very little you cannot adequately photograph. With its wide variety of premium features, not to mention the attractive price, Sony's versatile SAL55300 DT 55-300mm SAM Lens makes total focal length coverage not only a possibility, but does so without breaking your budget.
One reason why the Sony 55-300mm is popular is because of its Easily interchangeable