Panchromatic film especially suited to low-flare interior tungsten or flash lighting.
• A longtime favorite for its beautiful tonal range and classic, cinematic look, this is one of the all-time great emulsions. Features a wide exposure latitude, excellent gradation and brilliant highlights and an ISO of 320.
• It offers medium contrast with a moderate degree of enlargement. In all sorts of shooting conditions, it yields negatives that are easy to print. The film is available with a 7-mil ESTAR Thick Base (sheets), and has a retouching surface on both sides.
• Good for corporate/industrial, editorial, fine art, general, law enforcement, and military/instrumentation photography, and for photojournalism.
• TRI-X Pan Professional Films have an ISO speed of 320/26°, and feature excellent tone gradation and brilliant highlights. They are especially well suited to low-flare interior lighting or flash illumination. They are also useful for portraiture with low-contrast backlighting outdoors.
• TRI-X Pan Professional Film (TXP) is available in 120 and 220 sizes on a 3.6-mil acetate base. You can retouch this film on the emulsion or base side.
Reviewed by 1 customers
This is the finest black and white 8x10 sheet film available today. There is no equal. The thick KODAK ESTAR base is extremely stable and handles drastic shifts in temperature with great reliability. The emulsion renders images with unbridled acuity. If your image is not razor sharp, perhaps you should use a DSLR with autofocus, because clarity, definition, and dynamic range are found in abundance in this film. Unlocking the potential of this gem-like material requires dedication to camera work and a passion for the silver print.