Since 1907 Leica has defined the art and science of High Performance binocular design and manufacturing. In this, Leica's Centennial Year of binocular production, Leica is proud to introduce their latest Benchmark achievement.. the LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binocular Line!
LEICA ULTRAVID HD 42 the robust all-round favourite. They are almost as compact as 32 mm models and nearly as high-aperture as 50 mm binoculars. But the 42 mm Ultravids also impress due to the benefits of the new HD models Leica AquaDuraTM and new FL lenses.
LEICA ULTRAVID 10 x 42 HD The most powerful binocular in the 42 mm Ultravid class. The redesigned eyecups allow for a very comfortable positioning of the eye. This becomes very apparent with the improved image steadiness while viewing over great distances.
New ergonomics for relaxed handling: the formed thumb supports on the rear of the 50 mm and 42 mm HD models ensure that the binoculars fit in your hands without slipping. The large central focusing device enables relaxed, natural handling. All 42 mm models are available in black rubber armoring.
Packed with over 200 innovative changes, the NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars extend the highly acclaimed market leading performance of LEICA Binoculars. The NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars are truly "H"ighly "D"esirable!
Highly Defined Performance:
• Fluorite-Ion Lenses for High Definition Images by further reducing chromatic aberrations and improving color rendition. < br> • New Highly Developed lens and prism coatings provide increased light transmission (+3%) for brighter images in any light.
• Higher Demands in stray light redu ction increases overall contrast and provides greater image detail resulting from utilization of new computer aided design capabilities.
• Highly Designed focusing mechanism incorporates a virtually lubricant free system with PETP-Discs which provides for a smooth and positive movement throughout the operating temperature range.
• High Durability is insured through the use of a proven magnesium body with the industries highest shock and waterproof ratings.
• Leica's newly developed AquaDura hydrophobic lens coating meets the High Demands of "go anywhere at anytime" use rolling rain off of external lens surfaces and also facilitating easier lens cleaning.
Imitating nature: Leica AquaDura The models of binocular and spotting scopes with the new HD and APO lenses are now fitted with Leica AquaDura, a "hydrophobic coating" which with its water and dirt-repelling properties, ensures clear visibility even in poor weather conditions. As with the leaves of the lotus plant, droplets of rain simply roll off the lens, and fingerprints and dirt particles are much easier to remove. In addition, thanks to its increased abrasion resistance, Leica AquaDura will protect your valuable lenses from damage even more effectively.