Since 1907 Leica has defined the art and science of High Performance binocular design and manufacturing. In this, Leica's Centennial Year of binocular production, Leica is proud to introduce their latest Benchmark achievement.. the LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binocular Line!
Greater sight in low light! The Ultravid 50 series are ideal for viewing right into the depths of dusk due to optimized image per formance, thanks to new high-definition lenses and Leica AquaDura coating for greater visibility in poor weather conditions.
LEICA ULTRAVID 10 x 50 HD. These binoculars offer impressive high performance in poor lighting conditions. Detailed viewing is possible even into darkness. The new HD optics ensures that little bit extra in terms of light yield. All 50 mm models are available in black rubber armoring.
Even extreme cold cannot keep the robust Ultravids from delivering the ultimate viewing experience: the new focusing mechanism on the Leica Ultravid HD models works with high-performance Teflon disks and almost no lubrication. This ensures constant smooth focusing - even at temperatures as low as -25°, where other binoculars would surely fail.
Packed with over 200 innovative changes, the NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars extend the highly acclaimed market leading performance of LEICA Binoculars. The NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars are truly "H"ighly "D"esirable!
Highly Defined Performance:
• Fluorite-Ion Lenses for High Definition Images by further reducing chromatic aberrations and improving color rendition.
• New Highly Developed lens and prism coatings provide increased light transmission (+3%) for brighter images in any light.
• Higher Demands in stray light reduction increases overall contrast and provides greater image detail resulting from utilization of new computer aided design capabilities.
• Highly Designed focusing mechanism incorporates a virtually lubricant free system with PETP-Discs which provides for a smooth and positive movement throughout the operating temperature range.
• High Durability is insured through the use of a proven magnesium body with the industries highest shock and waterproof ratings.
New ergonomics for relaxed handling:
• The formed thumb supports on the rear of the 50 mm and 42 mm HD models ensure that the binoculars fit in your hands without slipping. The large central focusing device enables relaxed, natural handling.
Imitating nature: Leica AquaDura The models of binocular and spotting scopes with the new HD and APO lenses are now fitted with Leica AquaDura, a "hydrophobic coating" which with its water and dirt-repelling properties, ensures clear visibility even in poor weather conditions. As with the leaves of the lotus plant, droplets of rain simply roll off the lens, and fingerprints and dirt particles are much easier to remove. In addition, thanks to its increased abrasion resistance, Leica AquaDura will protect your valuable lenses