Since 1907 Leica has defined the art and science of High Performance binocular design and manufacturing. In this, Leica's Centennial Year of binocular production, Leica is proud to introduce their latest Benchmark achievement.. the LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binocular Line!
LEICA ULTRAVID HD 42 the robust all-round favourite. They are almost as compact as 32 mm models and nearly as high-aperture as 50 mm binoculars. But the 42 mm Ultravids also impress due to the benefits of the new HD models Leica AquaDuraTM and new FL lenses.
LEICA ULTRAVID 8 x 42 HD. The multi-talented binocular that delivers images rich in contrast both during the day and at twilight. The ratio of brightness and weight, of magnification and field of view, make this model perfect for any application.
New ergonomics for relaxed handling: the formed thumb supports on the rear of the 50 mm and 42 mm HD models ensure that the binoculars fit in your hands without slipping. The large central focusing device enables relaxed, natural handling. All 42 mm models are available in black rubber armoring.
Packed with over 200 innovative changes, the NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars extend the highly acclaimed market leading performance of LEICA Binoculars. The NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars are truly "H"ighly "D"esirable!
Highly Defined Performance:
• Fluorite-Ion Lenses for High Definition Images by further reducing chromatic aberrations and improving color rendition.
• New Highly Developed lens and prism coatings provide increased light transmission (+3%) for brighter images in any light.
• Higher Demands in stray light redu ction increases overall contrast and provides greater image detail resulting from utilization of new computer aided design capabilities.
• Highly Designed focusing mechanism incorporates a virtually lubricant free system with PETP-Discs which provides for a smooth and positive movement throughout the operating temperature range.
• High Durability is insured through the use of a proven magnesium body with the industries highest shock and waterproof ratings.
• Leica's newly developed AquaDura hydrophobic lens coating meets the High Demands of "go anywhere at anytime" use rolling rain off of external lens surfaces and also facilitating easier lens cleaning.
Imitating nature: Leica AquaDura The models of binocular and spotting scopes with the new HD and APO lenses are now fitted with Leica AquaDura, a "hydrophobic coating" which with its water and dirt-repelling properties, ensures clear visibility even in poor weather conditions. As with the leaves of the lotus plant, droplets of rain simply roll off the lens, and fingerprints and dirt particles are much easier to remove. In addition, thanks to its increased abrasion resistance, Leica AquaDura will protect your valuable lenses from damage even more effectively.
|Type of Prism||Roof prism system with phase correcting coating P 40 and HighLux-System HLS|
|Field Of View at 1000 Yards||389 ft.|
|Angle of View||7.4° Objective Angle of View|
|Diopter Adjustment||± 4 dpt|
|Lens Coating||HDC*T Coating|
|Material||Housing: Die-cast magnesium, nitrogen filled|
|Rubber Coated||Black Rubber Armor|
|Focus Type||Internal focusing via central focusing device|
|Close Focus Distance (ft)||approx. 10.2 ft|
|Waterproof / Fogproof||Watertight to a depth of 5 m/16.5 ft|
|Eye Width Adjustment Range||55 mm to 75 mm|
|Dimensions||WxHxD: 120 mm x142 mm x67 mm / 4.75" x5.63" x2.63"|
|Weight||ca. 27.9 oz|
|Other||Eyepieces for eyeglass wearers: yes, moveable, with two click stops|
|Other||No. of lens elements (each side): 9, all with HDC*T coating|