• Lowel, the Academy Award winning world leader in location lighting for film & video, introduces additions to their Lowel Ego system, including the 2 Light Set, and the 220/240V CE approved Lowel Ego with custom high CRI lamps.
• The Ego 2 Light Set includes 2 Lowel Egos, complete with lamps, 1 Ego-sweep quick setup seamless background, and a selection of colored background papers.
• The set is available with UL approved 120V, or CE approved 220/240V models. Now anyone can create great looking professional results in their home.
• Setup is a breeze, plug it in, place it on the table, & turn it on.
• The result is fast, simple, & beautiful light output that's ideal for taking digital tabletop shots by collectors, arts & crafts hobbiests, sellers, archivists, and desktop publishers.
• Ego can also be used for DV talking head shots, digital still portraits, and webcam desktop video conferencing.
Reviewed by 1 customers
I use this as the manufacturer intends -- to take pictures of small objects on a table top. The table needs to be 36-inches wide to accommodate the sweep and the two lights. I got better results after setting a custom white balance, but auto white balance with my Canon S3 IS wasn't bad. I also took pictures using one light and one of the included reflectors. This set-up brought out more texture, but I preferred the results I got with two lights. Some people may think the components are flimsy, but I think they will hold up OK under the use I'll give them. I'm not going to use this set everyday. I suspect it will get maybe 20 hours of use a year. It's well enough made for many times that amount of use. The set's best features are that it is very easy to set up and use and it produces well-lit pictures.