• Unbreakable, watertight, dustproof, chemical resistant and corrosion proof.
• These are some of the features of this Pelican Protector Case that offers total protection for your equipment.
• It is made of Ultra High Impact structural copolymer that makes it extremely strong and durable.
• Its exclusive 1/4" (6.4 mm) neoprene o-ring and ABS latches seal perfectly and includes an automatic purge valve for quick equalization after changes in atmospheric pressure.
• Your equipment can fit into the high density foam or padded dividers (this version) for total subjection and protection against impact, vibration or shock.
• A nameplate (included) can be personalized (engraved at additional cost).
Reviewed by 4 customers
This case will hold all the gear I need for my trips to Glacier and Yellowstone. I plan to use this case for extended stay trips. The Pelican case also safely stores most of my photography gear.
great protection for gear
After searching for months, I settled on the Pelican 1600 case. Pelican manufactures many cases and sizes with many options. After reviewing many cases, the Pelican cases offered me what I was looking for. I wanted a waterproof box with padded dividers. I wanted a case to store my Canon lenses and extenders (EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Tele Zoom, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM macro, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Wide EF 2X II Extender Telephoto), 2 flash heads (speedlite 580EX & 430EX), batteries and charger for camera and speedlites and associated photo equipment. This box is extremely well made, deep and wide and waterproof. The snaps locks, 2 on each side and 2 on the top ensure that the top is locked closed, air tight. The case has holes for adding an optional lock, which I did install. It also comes with a pop value to equalize pressure, which may be necessary during a flight. I would have preferred another color other than black, oh well! I think the padded dividers are a MUST. The â€œPick â€˜N Pluckâ€ foam is not very good. It sounds good but not very durable and versatile. I use it in other cases that I own and the foam is constantly tearing and after awhile you have a mess.Most distributers donâ€™t have detailed information on their sites. I suggest you go to Pelican [@]to selects the model/options you want and then look for you price/distributer. Be careful, most cases come with the foam or padded dividers. You wonâ€™t go wrong with this case. It is made for a lifetime. It will protect your investment and is worth the cost. The only downside is that it is heavy.
This is a great case and I highly recommend it for storing and transporting professional camera gear.