• Loss of Highlight or Shadow detail is reduced or eliminated by the use of this 14" Digital Target which has black, white & 18 % gray panels that feedback through the camera's histogram providing correct exposure with predictable results.
• Still large enough to fill the frame in most situations but folds to just 6 inches to allow carrying in your pocket or instant access when using with the included belt pouch slip case.
• Soft silver fabric on the backside creates an efficient reflective surface to open up the shadows.
• Created by photographer Ed Pierce, perfect for the Digital Image Maker both in the studio or on the go.
• The Panel feeds back through the camera's Histogram. Rather than using a single middle tonal value, you can customize your exposure based on the histogram spikes that record the highlight & shadows.
• The Neutral 3-Tone Panels allow for custom white balancing, accurate metering and exposure monitoring through the camera's histogram function all with a single shot.
• Vastly improves setup time over the original target, minimizing the need for post correction to your image files.
• Drastically reduce your workflow on the back-end by getting it right on the front-end. By using the Digital Calibration Target, you can achieve perfect exposures and white balance every time.
• Included is a One Hour Instructional DVD featuring Ed Pierce, the Target's inventor.
• The DVD provides an in-depth understanding of digital camera functions and the Digital Target to achieve consistant, predictable results.
Most Liked Positive Review
PhotoVision 14" Pocket One-Shot Digital
I use this target at every shoot and I like the accuracy as well as the portability and ease of use. It is compact when collapsed. But best of all I know it is accurate which is so important in my business. Use it with confidence. It also comes with a training DVD which is simple to understand. If you are concerned at all about proper color and exposure I highly recommend this product.
Reviewed by 45 customers
Works great for checking exposure settings and for custom white balance. Even though it has a small silver reflector on the back, I question how useful it would be. Of course, I didn't buy it for that feature since I already have a number of reflectors that are much larger. If you want to use that feature, I suggest you get the larger size.
It does it's job very well for WB calibration, also Black/White/Grey points in post processing...
I can't think of anything negative about this other than the price. That is the only reason I rate it a 4 instead of a 5. This could be 10-15 dollars cheaper. It has really made a difference in the outcome of my outdoor photo shoots. I have also used the back side reflector a few times as well in a pinch.
I shoot sports team and individual pictures, so consistent exposure and white balance from image to image is important. In the past I was using atuo WB. After watching the video on this target,I learned how to properly use Custom WB. Now, my images are consistent with correct skin tones without having to tweek in post. It is a little on the small side, but my Canon 5D II only needs a small sample in the center of test shot.
Great way to get your in camera white balance figured out correctly!
Arrived quickly with everything in the box. Perfect size for my small studio with great white balance!
Small enough to carry in camera bag. Great DVD to show how to use it. I went to a photo class and the instructor had one and basically showed us how he used it to get a correct exposure.
In addition to being an excellent 18% gray target, this item works as a great reflector. Both indoor and outdoor shoots have been vastly improved by being able to bounce (or block) light on the subject because of the compact reflector. Because of the small size, it stays fairly flat, allowing more accurate bouncing of light than a larger reflector (especially in windy conditions). It folds up into the perfect size to fit in the back pocket of my Levis.
The instructional DVD that comes with it is a great educational tool, probably worth the price in and of itself. The 14" size is a bit small for portrait work, but still perfectly useable. If I had to do it over, I would have payed for a larger size.
This white balance card works well and is easy to store and deploy. It has a pouch that holds it well in my bag and a DVD. The DVD is about 20-30 minutes long and talks about how to use the card as well as showing other products. It shows how histograms work. The camera he uses is a canon but they apologize for just having the one brand but explain that it's similar to other cameras. The only thing I would change is the reflector on the back. It's silver and I've found sun fire to work well at showing quality skin tone. But I really wish instead of a reflector it had 18% on the whole back. This would make getting custom white balance a little easier than using the small strip on the front.
In this video, Rich Harrington reveals his best tips and techniques for achieving a great interview on video.Read More
AdoramaTV presents DSLR | Video Tips with Richard Harrington. In this episode, Rich shares techniques on how to manually calibrate your DSLR camera for proper white balance. Then, follow along as he gives you a quick look at how to use a 3-way color corrector tool to white balance in post-produ...Read More