Black & White Contrast Filters
Sunpak 62mm Red Filter #25
SKU: SU62R MFR: CF7204R25
Please note: Although this item is temporarily out of stock, you can order it now and it will ship as soon as it arrives. Your card will only be charged once item is shipped.
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The most popular of the contrast filters for black and white photography, red creates dramatic effects by brightening red and orange while darkening blue and blue-green in sky, water and architectural scenes.
With underexposure, the red filter may be used to simulate a moonlit scene at midday.
With infrared film, the filter gives extreme contrast to skies, turning foliage white and cutting through fog and haze.
- Darkens blue creating dramatic contrast between sky and clouds.
- Creates greater contrast between flowers and foliage.
- Used in scientific photography.
- Excellent for copying blueprints.
- Not recommended for skintones.
- Essential for black and white infrared photography.