Save $26.84 when you buy this Tamron 18-200mm . This Value Bundle comes with a Adorama Cleaning Kit, Tiffen 62mm UV Filter, Universal Lens Cap Tether and a Tamron 18-200mm and Shipping is free! .
• The AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO (Model A14), a new high power zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras using APS-C size image sensors.
• The new AF18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO is a high power zoom lens for exclusive use with digital (APS-C size) SLR cameras that inherits the product concept of the existing AF28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR zoom lens. Even two years after its introduction, the current AF28-300mm is still a favorite and highly evaluated by photographers around the world as a representative model of high power zoom lenses.
• With the market influx of digital SLR cameras in recent years, the use of high power zoom lenses has become increasingly popular since high power zooms provide the convenience of handling many photographic scenes and the capability of shooting ultra telephoto shots without changing lenses. The popularity of this focal length led Tamron to initiate the development of new zoom lenses to further meet the needs of digital SLR photographers.
• The result is the successful development of a new zoom lens exclusively for use on digital SLR cameras. The wide to ultra tele focal range of this lens will allow digital SLR camera owners to enjoy digital photography with comfort and convenience.
• * "Di (Digitally Integrated design)-II" is the designation Tamron puts on lenses designed for exclusive use with digital (APS-C size) SLR cameras, featuring optical systems optimized to meet the performance characteristics of digital cameras. * "Di-II" lenses cannot be used with digital SLR cameras using image sensors that are larger than that of an APS-C size imager, or with 35mm film SLR cameras.
• By incorporating an optical design for exclusive use with digital (APS-C) SLR cameras, this high power zoom lens provides the focal length equivalent to Tamron's 28-300mm (when converted to a 35mm format). Therefore, you can meet almost all photographic opportunities with this single zoom lens without changing lenses. When paired with the SP AF11-18mm zoom lens, simultaneously introduced by Tamron at Photokina, you can enjoy thoroughly digital SLR photography with the combined focal length coverage of 17-300mm.
• Optical System Uses Special Glass and is Optimized for Digital SLR Characteristics in order to Enhance Optical Quality in a Compact Design. The new AF18-200mm high power zoom lens from Tamron features an entirely new optical design using XR (Extra Refractive Index) glass in an innovative way in order to optimize the overall distribution of optical power throughout the entire zoom range. This design reduces various aberrations to the absolute minimum and achieves remarkable downsizingat the same time. In addition, three hybrid aspherical lens elements and two LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements are used to accomplish effective compensation of on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations, a critical factor to enhance the optical quality.
The 18-200 zoom range make this a great general use lens. I have used this lens for a local "First Friday" events as well as the Grand Prix of Baltimore. I have taken some great photos with this lens. My only issue with this lens is with the loose zoom mechanism. When carrying your camera face down, the lens will extend to the longest position. There is a lock to prevent this. Remember to use this if you are not using the lens for a while.
Love the size of this lens a little heavy but nice pictures r great
Lens is used in every day casual photography. The extended zoom is very convenient.
I took the lens for a test drive at the local botanical garden to see how things look at different focal lengths. This lens is great. I was able to get some great telephoto shots inside and and had plenty of light and shutter speeds. It was pretty fast for a large lens. Easy to hold and it holds Cokin filters, which I bought the 62mm adapter for. The zoom is a little hard to move, but I am ok with that, because that tells me that I won't have to worry about the focal length changing while I'm focusing or releasing the shutter. The lens made the camera heavy and I noticed how much I shake when taking pictures, and will need to use a tripod and remote to reduce the movement. But, I really like the results and versatility of this lens, and it's a keeper. Will bring on my trip out of the country.
Right after receiving this Tamron 18-200 mm lens, I went to the northwestern part of Arizona for a long weekend. Every photo I took was crisp and clean. The first photo is of an old tombstone, showing the landscape. Everything is clean. The second photo is of the same tombstone, but a close-up of the crumbling letters. Again, everything looks groovy. I am thrilled to have one multi-purpose lens in lieu of constantly switching between an 18-55 and 55-200. I am thrilled! And the delivery was SUPER fast!
I got this lens with the intention of getting distance shots of birds, squirrels etc. not good or even useable from 18-40 and 100-200mm. The images exhibit extreme blur, even on a tripod, color distortion, false contrast and an odd haze possibly due to inferior glass. Even my 18-55 kit lens outperforms this lens. Yes its cheap, but for two hundred, you be much happier with a 35mm or 50mm prime. That or save up for something with better quality like a nikkor 70-300 vr. This was my first and last Tamron lense. Lesson learned.
My husband ordered this lens for me as a surprise. I really like it. It is light weight and takes nice clear pictures.
I bought this for my Nikon DSLR. Price was good, performance around edges not quite as good as a Nikon lens, but certainly acceptable. Lens has good function and appearance, plus a rebate from Tamron. I'm very pleased with the purchase. And I appreciate the courteous treatment I received from Avi Hadef, my sales person.
Looked for one lense to replace two lenses I previously used. Lense is a bit heavy but not bad. Autofocus as noted in some of the reviews is a bit slow but not objectionable.
its a good lens, small, great quality for the price!