Zeiss 15mm f/2.8 T* ZM Distagon Lens, for & Leica M Mount Rangefinder Cameras, Black
What's Included With This Item:
- Center Filter #1364-316, Integral Lens Shade
Buy together and saveSave up to $30.00 with bundle.
Distagon T* 2.8/15 ZM The superstar of ultra wide photography.. This extremely fast, high-performance ultrawide-angle lens is fully compatible with TTL exposure metering. Its design with 11 floating elements, asphere, high-tech fluor crown glass with anomalous partial dispersion and heavy barium flint with a high refractive index is very complex.
The Distagon T* 2.8/15 ZM lens features an extremely high resolving power even at wide apertures and permits interiors to be photographed without a tripod something impossible until now. The field illumination is remarkably homogeneous. This lens permits stunning photographic compositions, eye-catching advertising, documentation in very tight spaces and extremely dynamic architectural photos.
• For more than 50 years now, passionate 35 mm photographers have been embracing the M-mount rangefinder camera system. From the lens designer's perspective, a rangefinder camera offers an exciting advantage over single lens reflex (SLR) cameras: more space. After all, there is no moving reflex mirror and drive mechanism. This allows for a short distance between the last lens element and the film meaning more opportunities for designing of superior lens types, including high performing wide-angle lenses.
A passion ready for the challenge
• For our lens designers, the chance to develop the Carl Zeiss family of T* ZM-mount lenses was a dream come true. They were free to follow their passion in pursuit of perfection in lens performance, taking full advantage of our uncompromising symmetric lens designs. The only limitation was to reserve 15 mm in front of the film for the TTL exposure metering, commonplace in M-mount cameras. The result is a complete range of the most advanced M-mount lenses ever made.
Superior in every way
• The Carl Zeiss range of T* ZM-mount lenses offers the highest possible standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality. Quite simply, they are superior in every way. You can count on highly advanced flare control for crisp and brilliant images, for example. And virtually zero geometric distortion, ensuring precise accuracy when reproducing shapes especially useful when photographing products and architecture.
• Carl Zeiss T* ZM-mount lenses are specifically designed to minimize focus shift with aperture changes an important innovation with big benefits for rangefinder photography. As a result, you can expect improved accuracy of the rangefinder-defined focus. While the precise 10-blade aperture with 1/3 stop interval click stops ensures exact exposure. For reliable performance, Carl Zeiss T* ZM-mount lenses are designed with a wear resistant filter mount and an extremely accurate rangefinder coupling mechanism.
|Weight||370 g (13.0 oz.)|
|Construction||11 Elements / 9 Groups.|
|Angle of view||Diagonal: 110 Degrees, Horizontal: 100 Degrees, Vertical: 77 Degrees|
|F stop range||f/2.8 to f/22|
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.3 m (11.8) to infinity|
|Filter Size||M72 x 0.75|