- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Here's a bunch of links to cool projects, inspiring imagery, and other ways to keep yourself entertained until we're back from the break.
Crisp images with sharp detail make for cool customized coloring pages straight from your photos!
- See that coloring book image above? That's straight from one of my recent shots! Download Colorize Your Photos ($24.95 direct) and you can make your own coloring pages for your little ones from your shots. Or even better–storyboard and then capture a new set of shots to turn into a totally customized and personalized coloring book for your crayon-carrying crew!
- Pick your favorite color scheme for the Pentax K-x, even if you can't order these wacky color options outside Japan!
- Catch up on your photo album!
- And while you're at it, ask yourself this photocentric existential question and report back at week's end...
- Catch up on every episode of the TechTock podcast.
Mason and I recorded the first episodes of "Ask Adorama" using the Olympus LS-11 Linear PCM recorder. We really like this audio capture device! Stay tuned for the first episode on October 15th!
- Try to come up with a gear or technique-related question to stump Mason Resnick and I for our new podcast series, Ask Adorama, and email it to us! (Keep in mind, we reserve the right to dig into our deep address books and contact lists for the answers!)
- Dig into any of the great Photojojo projects! This site is really easy to get lost in–in the best possible way. We're big fans of Photojojo!
- Do something, anything, to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month, whether it be Images for a Cure, or any of the many other worthwhile fundraisers and events across the country. Donate your time and photos to a local walk, or something. Just don't sit back and do nothing.
- Pick up the newest What the Duck book for sure-fire laughs, and stay tuned for their upcoming site relaunch (we've gotten a sneak peek at the beta launch, and it's a really cool upgrade!)
- And on the subject of What the Duck, order a plushie while your at it and get in on the photo fun over at their fan photo Facebook page.
- Help us uncover more classic celebrity camera commercials to add to this collection!
Xtranormal is really fun for studying camera angles and tweaking nuances of digital speech.
- Easily make an animated video using Xtranormal to promote your blog or photo business and share it with everyone!
- Clean your cameras. What fun!
- Send us a shot for our new PhotoZAP feedback feature!
- Take a day and be a local tourist!
- Use these amazing autumnal shots by legendary outdoors photographer Jim Brandenburg as an inspiration and challenge to go and make new and amazing images even as the days grow shorter and colder.
- Let your fellow photographers know what gear you've got that you can't live without...
- Fan us on Facebook, and follow me and Mason Resnick on Twitter.
- Whatever you do, be sure to have fun, make great photos, and visit us again soon. We love everything about photography, and we'll see you all in just a few days with more great articles and features!