Adobe used the PMA@CES platform to launch the beta version of its upcoming major update of Photoshop Lightroom.
According to Adobe's web site, Lightroom 4's key features will include:
- Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
- Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
- Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
- White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
- Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
- Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
- Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
- Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
- Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.
The Beta version is open to the public for download and comments. Keep in mind it is not a final version and might be "buggy", and once the final version is released, the Beta will stop working.