Datacolor today announced improvements in its Spyder3 Elite color control system, offering photographres improved color consistency in their digital darkrooms.
Lawrenceville, NJ - April 22, 2010 - Datacolor® (www.datacolor.com), the global leader in digital color management technology, today announced it will be offering Spyder3 EliteTM owners a feature enriched software upgrade, known as Spyder3 Elite 4.0, available for instant download on the Datacolor global website. In addition, Spyder3 ProTM owners can take advantage of the upgrade to the new Spyder3 Elite 4.0 solution to extend and improve their existing calibration system.
Spyder3 Elite 4.0 is designed for the way photographers work, bringing a new level of color control to imaging. This powerful solution provides photographers with the tools to trust the on-screen colors, offering reliability and consistency on their LCD's, laptops, and projectors. Award-winning Spyder3 hardware, with innovative new software features, makes this the ultimate solution for any serious photographer.
"For years I struggled to maintain a color consistency system in my digital darkroom," says professional wedding photographer Jim Garner. "After calibrating my studio using the Spyder3 Elite the result was pure perfection! The new features available with the 4.0 software upgrade are sure to offer absolute color precision to photographers."
New features in the Spyder3 Elite 4.0 upgrade include:
* New Workflow Features make it easier to find and use advanced controls.
* Software Brightness Control allows owners of iMac and other displays with limited controls to work with displays in a more desirable, dimmer environment, and match them to other displays.
* Automated Brightness Adjustment on Apple Cinema Displays, iMacs, MacBooks and PowerBooks screens are now automatically adjusted by the Spyder software.
* Iterative Gray Balance Option provides the most accurate gray balance algorithm available, giving users the best gray calibration for displays possible.
* Display Graphing allows users to compare the range of multiple displays to one another, as well as to standard color spaces like sRGB and AdobeRGB, to help users better understand which colors a display can reproduce.
* Monitor Quality Analyzer provides the tools to determine the quality of a display. Using easy-to-read maps of a screen's uniformity, it compares monitor displays to allow users to determine which areas of the screen are most accurate for more demanding work.
"From pro-sumers to professionals, photographers are becoming increasingly more aware, and demanding robust solutions to improve the quality and consistency of their work," said Christoph Gamper, Vice President, Consumer Business Unit, Datacolor. "For this reason, we enhanced Spyder3 Elite with new innovative features and created a simple and cost-effective way for current users to obtain them without having to interrupt their workflow or purchase new equipment.
Upgrade Spyder3 ProTM to Spyder3 EliteTM 4.0
For existing Spyder3 Pro owners, the new Spyder3 Elite 4.0 software offers a host of new features in one simple download from the Datacolor website. Key enhancements include multiple monitor matching to a single target, unlimited choices for monitor gamma and temperature, custom curves as well as calibration of front projector displays.
Availability and Pricing
Spyder3 Elite 4.0 is available now for a low one-time cost of $19.00 USD via an instant download. For existing Spyder3 Pro users, there is a one-time cost of $99.00 USD to upgrade. For users who purchased Sypder3 Elite in 2010, this upgrade is available at no charge. To purchase, visit your local dealer or www.datacolor.com/spyder.
The above is an unedited press release provided by Datacolor.