DSLR | Video Skills
Join Rich Harrington as he demonstrates how to record sync sound audio when shooting with a DSLR camera.
This video focuses on how to record great audio for your next project... we'll cover postproduction in a future episode.
Most DSLR cameras have a built in microphone, but to accomplish good professional audio you need more. Audio is one of the most important elements when producing video. Having an dedicated microphone to capture your audio can increase the overall quality of your video. In this episode, Rich demonstrates how to capture audio with various devices that are compatible with DSLR cameras.
- Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera Body with Optical Low Pass Filter
- Rode VideoMic Pro Compact Shotgun Microphone
- Zoom H4n Handy Mobile 4-Track Recorder
- XLR Male to 3 Pin XLR Female Microphone Cable with 4 Inner Conductors
Learn More at the Adorama Learning Center
- The RØDE VideoMic—AdoramaTV
- HDSLR Pt.3: Audio for Video—AdoramaTV
- Soup up your digital still camera’s HD video sound—Don’t use the built-in mic!
If you have questions, share them with us at: Adotv@adorama.com