The key to photography is understanding light
Mason Resnick -
March 8, 2009
Photography is derived from the greek words that mean "painting with light". That should give you some idea of how important lighting is to photography.
Simply put: without light, there's no photography.
In the Adorama Learning Center's Lighting section, you'll learn the many aspects of light and how light and photography work. Armed with a better understanding of photography, you can control exposure and watch your creativity soar!
We'll talk about:
• outdoor lighting, taming harsh sunlight and redirecting it for better shots;
• understanding how different qualities of light--its color, angle and intensity--work in photography;
• the best way to get flattering lighting indoors;
• how to get the most out of your portable or studio flash;
• how to shoot at night and other low-light situations and get the best possible shots
...and much more.
Read on, and you'll soon see light in an entirely new light.