- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
With the holidays fast approaching Adorama asked some of the industry's hottest photographers what's on their holiday wishlist this year.
Rick shared with Adorama what his photography essentials are if he could only choose one...
Plus, join renowned photographer Rick Sammon as he discusses his holiday wish list in store at Adorama. Rick's enthusiasm for photography is unparalleled and he will be sharing his enthusiasm and equipment gift suggestions with you. Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 3 PM to 6 PM at Adorama, 42 W18th st, NYC.
- Camera: Canon 70D - With 20 Megapixeles, built-in wireless, full HD movie and vair-angle touch screen, this is a feature-packed camera at a great price.
- Lens: Canon 24-105mm IS lens - This is my go-to lens for people and street photograhy. It's also good for landscapes and environmental wildlife photography.
- Filter: Tiffen 2-8 Stop ND Filter - If you enjoy photographing moving water, this filter will help you get slow shutter speeds even in bright light.
- Memory Card: Lexar 16GB Professional Compact Flash Card - Check out my Travel Galleries here on my site. All those pictures were captured on Lexar cards.
- Camera Bag: Lowepro Vertex 300 - This is the bag that has been with me around the world – in rain, sleet, show and ice.
- Lighting Accessory: Westcott 28-inch Apollo - I used this softbox to create my "Girl with a Pearl Earring image.
- Reflector/Diffuser Kit: Well, I guess I have to recommend my own kit: Rick Sammon's On-Location Lighting Kit. It comes with a cool tote and even a diffuser for your flash.
- Calibration Device: Color Munki - It does not matter: If you are into true color or your color, you need to calibrate your monitor and printer. This cool device does the trick, quickly and easily.
- Tripod: Induro CT214 - Don't skimp out on a tripod. If you do, you'll just wind up getting a better one . . . eventually.
- Ballhead: Induro BHL1 - For flexibility in the field, for vertical and horizontal shots, this ballhead can't be beat for the price.
- Camera Strap: Black Rapid - Yes! It does take some time to get used to seeing your camera hang upside down, but this strap offers the fasting shooting possible.
- Portable Hard Drive: Western Digital Passport 2TB - On the road you gotta back up. It's a must. This portable drive not only stores your images, but it can be password protected.
- Home Hard Drive: Western Digital Thunderbold 4TB - If you are as hyper as I am, this Thunderbold drive - with 1280 MBps (10GBsp) - is for you.
- Printer: Canon Pro 10 - This wi-fi printer, with a resolution of 4800x 2400, produces beautiful color and black and white images - thanks, in part, to its Chroma Optimizer.